Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

Characters: ACOTAR > Archeron Sisters

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angelika Alison (fictionhoe) | 1 comments If I’m being honest, I don’t really like Elain much and I think that means something must be wrong with me! Although she’s already trying to adjust to her Fae life, she just can’t seem to let go of the past! I can’t accept the possibility of her and Azriel ending up in a relationship– and it’s not just because she’s Lucien’s mate. Azriel deserves all the love in the world but I don’t think Elain deserves him :/ Not saying Lucien does too considering he only ever acted like he cared for her once he found out they were mates, but hey who knows.

As for Nesta.. sigh. I am so so so annoyed by her. I get that maybe she isolates herself just so she won’t get any more hurt and that she has her own demons to battle, but I have never, not once, seen her grateful for all that Feyre has done for her and Elain. All she cares about seems to just be Elain and no one else. And when she said to Feyre something along the lines like, “You were always just capable of being able to handle yourself,” etc., I found her to be such a hypocrite. She hated their father for not doing anything when she herself didn’t do anything, either.

I like how the three of them aren’t the same. They sort of balance each other out with their characteristics but not really? It’s like 2vs1 (Nesta and Elain vs Feyre) except Feyre, who just so happens to be the youngest, is the only one who isn’t afraid to do something for them. Nesta’s just hate hate hate and Elain’s too positive for my liking.

tl; dr, as of now I dislike Nesta and Elain but maybe that’s just because SJM is leaving room for their character development in the next books. Maybe I’ll change my mind someday but that day is not today.

message 2: by Tara185 (new)

Tara185 | 7 comments alis wrote: "If I’m being honest, I don’t really like Elain much and I think that means something must be wrong with me! Although she’s already trying to adjust to her Fae life, she just can’t seem to let go of..."
Oh, I hate both of them too. I really hate the *spoiler* budding relationship between Cassien and Nesta and I don't think that Elain deserves either Azriel and Lucien! I guess it's just me though. I also feel that she tried just too hard to make Nesta important or something, like when Amren told her something like 'when you're going to explode make sure you're felt' or somethin. I feel it's a little pushed. Then Elain, I mean come on, she and Nesta just hurt Feyre because they're rude and don't appreciate anything she does! I mean she did bring them to Velaris, she would hunt for them and keep them alive when she wasn't fae... And I really hate that they blame her for being fae or something. Anywho, I hope you don't mind my massive rant on them.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 106 comments I hate it that Nesta never explained her hostilities against Feyre.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 31 comments Elain grew on me during ACOWAR, and I kind of want her with Azriel- though not if that will bring him and Lucien into some kind of fight, you know with the whole 'protecting their mate' thing. Lucien does that a lot and it kind of annoys me, although I do feel sorry for him that Elain won't even speak to him. But overall, I do like her now.

On the other hand, Nesta still really irritates me. Feyre seemed to adapt to Fae life far better, despite everything she was going through at the start of ACOMAF. Elain is at least trying now or seems to be.

I get that Nesta is going through lots too, but she isn't even trying to explain herself or get help. I sometimes forget she's the oldest because she's never acted like it.
First, letting Feyre risk her own life to hunt for their survival for so many years (I understand why Rhys doesn't like her for that either), and now she seems to also be shutting Elain out, which I just don't get. It's always appeared to be that Nesta favours Elain over Feyre, and now she doesn't care about anyone.

I hope the next book brings her some closure in the past and/or a change in character or something.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmadixon11) | 23 comments I agree with the very much disliking Nesta. She is just such a cow and tries to justify letting Feyre hunting for them, which i know is old news but still! And even after all that Feyre has tried to do for them and sacrificed and she is still just a little witch to her and it if very frustrating. Like I live sjm, but i feel like she was trying to force us to forgive and see things from Nestas pov. Ayway sorry for the rant. Just very much don't like how Feyre is treated by her sisters.

message 6: by Noris (new)

Noris | 574 comments Totally agree.
First what you say of Elain is right. Til she learns how to live with a fae body she'll be suffering. Cause that's what she's choosing.
No, I don't want her with Azriel. Love or not, a part of her and Lucien will always claim 4 each other. And Az needs something beautiful just for him.

Second. Just like Elain, Nesta is a really unnecessary character. But ok., she's there. I seriously dislike her, can't get why a lot of people likes her. She's not complicated, she's the most ungrateful person I've ever read of. If she resents the rest of the world fine, how the hell she can have a piss poor attitude toward the person that kept you alive, that fed you and who actually is paying for your abuses with the alcohol?
Third. Sorry to say it but part of the fault is Feyre's. Yeah she fulfilled the promise, kept them alive and sacrificed herself for the girls and the result, Nesta and Elain doesn't know what to do without her. What made me sick was the fact that whenever Amren or Rhys snapped at Nesta (with a good amount of reason) Feyre got mad. She needs to stop coodling the girls. At least Nesta needs discipline!

I'd like to see Elain and Nesta earning their own goods damned money, feeding by their own, starting a life that doesn't need Feyre or any other person to subsist!

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments IKR! Elain was all weepy and sad and I was just like GET YOURSELF TOGETHER! She was just turned into fae (which isn't so bad if you ask me, she isn't dead, her whole family is fae, she can live forever, so WHO CARES?). If her sadness is from Grayson that was unnecessary either. He was so mean to her, I don't get how she is still mourning him. Lucien doesn't seem to actually like her either, and she clearly doesn't really like him.

Nesta, though. She gets on my nerves SO SO SO MUCH! She is just so mean to Feyre and blames her for EVERYTHING. Elain got turned into fae? Oh yeah, it's Feyre's fault. Her father died? Yeah, it's Feyre's fault. Like, WHAT? Feyre kept all of them alive for years! And the moment she gets happiness? Nesta is mad again. She is just unnecessarily mean to her. I am also annoyed by her preference of Elain over Feyre. And how Feyre doesn't mind it. Feyre so nice to her after all she has done, when anyone is mean to Nesta a bit, Feyre gets mad. WHY? I'm always so happy when Armen and Rhys get mad at her. Inthe sneak peek into the next book in ACOFAS (SPOILERS FOR IT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET), she mentions how Feyre didn't invite her to parties anymore. And she seemed hurt! Well Nesta, the reason you aren't invited is that you never come in the first place, you then get mad at Feyre for inviting you, and if you do come (which is extremely rare), you make everything tense and find a way to mock someone. She has a great life, she's rich, she has her family, and she decides to rot away at the old house with random guys from the bar. HOW STUPID? She could live with Feyre and Elain, have some "sister time" or whatever, but just finds a way to insult anyone she can. Especially Feyre. So when she sends Nesta away, Nesta feels hurt. Really? If Feyre didn't send her away from Velaris, she would have been sulking here and having no life.

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments Noris wrote: "Totally agree.
First what you say of Elain is right. Til she learns how to live with a fae body she'll be suffering. Cause that's what she's choosing.
No, I don't want her with Azriel. Love or no..."

SO TRUE! Feyre needs to stop cuddling her sisters. They need to be more independent. If Feyre decides to not give them anymore money (which she can do anytime she wants) they will die. Without her, they would have been dead years ago.

message 9: by Alison♊⚜️✨ (last edited May 20, 2018 09:50AM) (new)

Alison♊⚜️✨ Lora wrote: "IKR! Elain was all weepy and sad and I was just like GET YOURSELF TOGETHER! She was just turned into fae (which isn't so bad if you ask me, she isn't dead, her whole family is fae, she can live for..."

Totally agree with this. Nesta doesn't really get to whine that she doesn't get invited and the other things mentioned because they did invite her, she just never came or cared...
Also, Rhys and Amren were totally justified in being pissed at her and what they said in the teaser part of ACOFAS so Nesta didn't really deserve to get defended...

message 10: by Noris (new)

Noris | 574 comments plus... they're utterly unnecessary. I mean, not to be bad but if Nesta and Elaine wouldn't exist... nothing would change in the story...

message 11: by Lora (on hiatus) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments Noris wrote: "plus... they're utterly unnecessary. I mean, not to be bad but if Nesta and Elaine wouldn't exist... nothing would change in the story..."
IKR! Nesta is just the annoying one to piss all of us off and Elain is the "nice" and weepy sister.

message 12: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments Um... I think Nesta is one of my favorite characters. And that Elain and Azriel should happen. Pls don’t hate.

Peaches Bookshelf | 6 comments I think Nesta is awesome she isn’t afraid of saying what she thinks, but in ACOFAS she seemed different, like she lost something. I hope Sarah explains in the next book.

message 14: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments Regina wrote: "I think Nesta is awesome she isn’t afraid of saying what she thinks, but in ACOFAS she seemed different, like she lost something. I hope Sarah explains in the next book."

You read my mind. In ACOFAS there was a scene from her POV where she was disturbed by the crackling of the fire, because it sounded like someone stepping on bones. She definitely lost something, and it makes me wonder if she'll heal like Feyre did after Tamlin or if she'll die miserable and lonely.

Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]  (vaishalid) | 24 comments I really wanted to be forgiving where Nesta and Elain were concerned, and there were times when I really wanted to accept them as Feyre eventually did. But there's a part of me that can't forgive the way Nesta treated Feyre for the best part of her life, they neglected and abused her at such a young age, leaving her to fend for herself as well as them. I understand their circumstances but i think Feyre deserved so much more than the way her sisters treated her.
Nesta cared greatly for Elain and her cruelty was always reserved for Feyre for no valid reason. I completely get the misunderstood characters but Nesta crossed many lines for me and scars she inflicted on Feyre aren't ones that are easily forgotten.

I get the people who really like her and want more exploration of her character but she's just not for me.

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 21 comments I hope that we learn more of her motives and struggles in the next books, and that this will give us some understanding of why she behaved as she did in the past. I can’t say that I actually really LIKE Nesta but she is certainly very interesting and complex (and unbelievably fierce), especially after ACOFAS I am excited to see whether she will cope and develop like Feyre did or whichever road she’ll take

message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen | 44 comments Andrea wrote: "I hope that we learn more of her motives and struggles in the next books, and that this will give us some understanding of why she behaved as she did in the past. I can’t say that I actually really..."

I completely agree. She's not my favorite, but she has some issues she needs to work on.

message 18: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments What’s your opinion on Nessian?

message 19: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 21 comments I ship Nessian. I don’t really know if they’re good for each other – well Cassian would be good for Nesta (I’d imagine), but if Nesta doesnt get her act together and starts being more sensitive and kind, she will not be any good for Cassian. And my oversized BAT deserves better. BUT from what i’ve seen, they have some unspoken, fiery passion, and that’s kinda my thing sooo, yess Nessian FTW

message 20: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments Same

Alexia | Right Writing Words  (doodlepoodle0210) | 4 comments I think that Cassia and Nesta would be great for each other since both of them are equally stubborn but only if Nesta becomes a better person

message 22: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments Nesta broke. He needs to help her heal

message 23: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments This is the Nesta Chapter:

Nesta

Nesta sealed the fourth and final lock on her apartment door and slumped
against the creaking, rotting wood.
Silence settled in around her, welcome and smothering.
Silence, to soothe the trembling that had chased her across this city.
He’d followed.
She’d known it in her bones, her blood. He’d kept high in the skies, but
he’d followed until she’d entered the building.
She knew he was now waiting on a nearby rooftop to see her light kindle.
Twin instincts warred within her: to leave the faelight untouched and make
him wait in the freezing dark, or to ignite that bowl and just get rid of his
presence. Get rid of everything he was.
She opted for the latter.

In the dim, thick silence, Nesta lingered by the table against the wall near
her front door. Slid her hand into her pocket and pulled out the folded
banknote.
Enough for three months’ rent.
She tried and failed to muster the shame. But nothing came.
Nothing at all.
There was anger, occasionally. Sharp, hot anger that sliced her.
But most of the time it was silence.
Ringing, droning silence.
She hadn’t felt anything in months. Had days when she didn’t really know
where she was or what she’d done. They passed swiftly and yet dripped by.
So did the months. She’d blinked, and winter had fallen. Blinked, and her
body had turned too thin. As hollow as she felt.
The night’s frosty chill crept through the worn shutters, drawing another
tremble from her. But she didn’t light the fire in the hearth across the room.
She could barely stand to hear the crack and pop of the wood. Had barely
been able to endure it in Feyre’s town house. Snap; crunch.
How no one ever remarked that it sounded like breaking bones, like a
snapping neck, she had no idea.
She hadn’t lit one fire in this apartment. Had kept warm with blankets and
layers.
Wings rustled, then boomed outside the apartment.
Nesta loosed a shuddering sigh and slid down the wall until she was sitting
against it.
Until she drew her knees to her chest and stared into the dimness.
Still the silence raged and echoed around her.
Still she felt nothing.

Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]  (vaishalid) | 24 comments Nesta is obviously going through a really tough time and I think we can all see that she is suffering through much pain and depression and for the most part has suppressed her feelings all her life. Nesta is unique and you have to have an open mind to get her, and even though I have my reservations because of the way she treated Feyre, there is much to be explored in her complex character. Cassian would be a great fit for Nesta's healing potential but Nesta has to want it too and she's quite far gone considering all that has happened. Though I can empathize with her emotions, I'm not as invested in her story as I am Feyre's, but maybe Cassian can be for her what Rhys is to Feyre :)

message 25: by Zeyah (new)

Zeyah Orozco (feyre_aelin) | 72 comments Nesta.
She’s hard to read ( well, except maybe for Cassian. Remember the “I don’t want Cassian to know I’m reading smut pose?” Lol.) tough as nails, distrustful, and probably powerful AF. I like her. She’s one of my favorite characters.

message 26: by Laura✧˚ · . (new)

Laura✧˚ · . (shelby_) | 132 comments Even if I don’t mind Nesta that much anymore I think lot of her actions won’t have an excuse (the same way with other characters) my only fear is that she will be annoying half of the book and get good by the end bc honestly I can’t read a book if the mains are annoying or don’t get their shit together. I know Sarah does a good job but the general feeling is not really good towards nesta.
Also I know Lucien and elain are probably endgame but I lowkey ship her with azriel

message 27: by Fabulous (new)

Fabulous | 5 comments Archer on Sisters scented soaps! (Well, two of the three.). These are great quality soaps. I use other scents throughout my home and can't wait to get my ACOTAR sets. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pretentious...