Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > My books keep going to the wrong Anne Willow

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Willow | 7 comments I attempted to add ASIN: B07D25X94W, but the system said it was already added. In searching it, the listing came up associated to another author (who has not published in some time) with the same name - Anne Willow. This is a 2nd edition to my first book (I had to go through you to get that book listed correctly. Is there any way to keep this from happening since based on her books, she isn't publishing, yet I am.

Thank you in advance for your help.

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11545 comments I moved the book to your profile.

One way to stop books being imported on the other profile is by adding them yourself before they are imported. You need to add the ISBN or ASIN to make that work. Or you can make a request here to add a book.
But if books are imported tot he other profile, if you make a request here, it is easy for the librarians to move your books.

You could ask the staff to switch your profile and here profile, but I have no idea if they will do that in this case (both claimed profiles)

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Willow | 7 comments Renske wrote: "I moved the book to your profile.

One way to stop books being imported on the other profile is by adding them yourself before they are imported. You need to add the ISBN or ASIN to make that work...."

I checked my dashboard, but it is only showing the 1st edition (ASIN: B0747PPNKJ). This version has been removed from Amazon (digital) and retired on CreateSpace. They are going to merge their landing pages to maintain the reviews with the new release (ASIN: B07D25X94W).

Please add the new release to my author page - it is still showing on the other "anne willow" page.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Willow | 7 comments My apologies - when I look up the book, I see it connected to the first edition, but it doesn't show up on my dashboard

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25059 comments Please allow up to 24 hours for everything to settle in the database.

message 6: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11545 comments If you want to set the new edition as default, see here https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...