Play Book Tag discussion

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
This topic is about An Ember in the Ashes
Archive: Other Books > An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments What a great fantasy read! I don't often turn to fantasy as a genre these days, but for some reason I felt the urge and as so many of you have rated this series so highly I thought I'd give it a go. A classic case of good vs evil, people not being all that they seem, a great task to be undertaken against the odds, and love that defies conventions, I found this book to be fast-paced and unputdownable. A highly satisfying read, and I am really looking forward to reading the next installment.

message 2: by annapi (last edited May 14, 2018 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

annapi | 5153 comments I really enjoyed this too, as well as book 2, A Torch Against the Night. Looking forward to the next installment for sure, it's coming out in June.

Susie | 4488 comments annapi wrote: "I really enjoyed this too, as well as book 2, A Torch Against the Night. Looking forward to the next installment for sure, it's coming out in June."

It's good to hear that book two is just as good Anna. Fingers crossed for book three! I plan to catch up before it is released.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2298 comments I've got book 2 on my list. I really enjoyed this even though it is not my go to genre.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I also loved this book! And then did not continue the series. Hence my problem with series. lol.

Does anyone know if this is just a trilogy or is it a series? If it is a trilogy and with the third one coming out in June, I might be tempted to finish them up

Susie | 4488 comments I think I read that it’s a quartet?

annapi | 5153 comments According to the blurb for book 3 on her website, it's a quartet: https://www.sabaatahir.com/books/a-re...

message 8: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments I'd never heard of this. Added it to the tbr.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Good to know that it is a quartet! Perhaps I will wait for the fourth to come out and then I can read the remaining three. The first one was very good...