What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Photographer Holds Roommate’s Girlfriend Hostage. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Zbikowski | 3 comments I have no title or author.

Book starts with a photographer picking up his roommate’s girlfriend at a train station.

He convinces her at some point to model for him.

She eventually finds her boyfriend’s body as he was killed with some sort of acid used in developing photos.

She specifically mentions the photographer tastes like chocolate covered banana.

Also, I read it in the 90’s.

These are all I can remember. Please help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Meghan, what's the location - country, region, big city/small town? Where is the girlfriend travelling from?

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Zbikowski | 3 comments I can’t remember - it’s so frustrating! I remember specific details like he ate a chocolate covered banana and kissed her. But I can’t remember important things.

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Zbikowski | 3 comments I feel like it was a YA novel but I could have just been reading it at an inappropriately young age.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Meghan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments In case she is still looking, I'm pretty sure it's this one: College Weekend by R. L. Stine. There's a very long description by a reviewer called kylajaclyn that matches all the details!

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisyporter) | 921 comments College Weekend hopefully this is a better link...