IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Books You've Bought/Borrowed Recently

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments Soooo, what books have you guys recently bought or borrowed? :)

I just ordered a ton of books in the last few days (oops, and I'm supposed to be on a bit of a book buying ban atm xD):

- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers
- Nina Schuyler's The Translator
- Pope Francis' Lumen Fidei: The Light of Faith
- Graham Swift's Last Orders
- Karen Joy Fowler's We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
- Maria Semple's Where'd You Go, Bernadette
- Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Effect

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (lunakaos) I'm actually just doing my July Haul blog, this month was kinda a small haul for me because I didn't get to go to my op shops as much.
From the book depository I got
How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back
How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf
Equal Rites
I got given
The Landing
Mary Poppins and
Encyclopaedia of Magical Herbs
and from the OpShops I got
Cry to Heaven
Nightshifted
Deaths Daughter
Red Riding Hood
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The Book Thief
and The Last Unicorn
How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back (White Trash Zombie, #4) by Diana Rowland How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper Equal Rites (Discworld, #3) by Terry Pratchett
Markland The Landing (The United States of Vinland, #1) by Colin Taber Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins, #1) by P.L. Travers Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series) (Cunningham's Encyclopedia Series) by Scott Cunningham
Cry To Heaven by Anne Rice Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1) by Cassie Alexander Death's Daughter (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #1) by Amber Benson Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle

Badschnoodles Genevieve (badschnoodles) | 89 comments I loved Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

Yesterday I bought the Rocket Girl graphic novel. Lately I've bought Rat Queens, The Girls at The Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine and I've got Landline by Rainbow Rowell waiting at the bookshop for me.

message 4: by Call_me_anna_ (new)

Call_me_anna_ | 2 comments I have recently bought the book Four by Veronica Roth I haven't started it yet but I'm really excited to read it!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) My recent purchases have been The Joy Luck Club, Moon Cakes, Drew Barrymore: The Biography, The Secret History, Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery, Mythology and A Clash of Kings. I was also given a copy of The Maze Runner for my local monthly YA book club. :)

message 6: by Wren (new)

Wren (wrenlee) For me, it is:
'Ash' by Malinda Lo
'A Monster Calls' by Patrick Ness
'Eve and Adam' by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
'Runaway King' by Jennifer A Nielsen
Yup! It's a weird range of YA fiction. Heh heh.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (lunakaos) I bought The Assassins Curse because I want to read these books but heard that the publisher has now shut down so will eventually run out. I still have to get the second book but thought that would be easy enough later on . The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke

message 8: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 19 comments I bought the last 2 books in the mortal instrument series so that I could finish it out. That's sort of my goal for the summer, finish series I've started but haven't finished, and finish books in my "to-read" pile. I borrowed "Landlines" from the library

message 9: by SunnyBunny251 (new)

SunnyBunny251 | 2 comments Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - finished it in 3 days
And Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs

message 10: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments I'm on a book-buying ban at the moment (started 1 Jan) but the last few books I bought were:

- Lyudmilla Petrushevskaya's Through the Wall
- Olga Grushin's The Concert Ticket
- K.M. Weiland's Outlining Your Novel Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises for Planning Your Best Book & Structuring Your Novel Workbook: Hands-On Help for Building Strong and Successful Stories

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Hmmmm, let's see. With Christmas, I got these books:
-Yes Please
-Kitchen
-The Mists of Avalon
-Burial Rites
-The Lacuna

And I just bought In Real Life on Friday. Other than that, I haven't bought many books recently!

message 12: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hmmmm, let's see. With Christmas, I got these books:
-Yes Please
-Kitchen
-The Mists of Avalon
-Burial Rites
-The Lacuna

A..."

Yay for Burial Rites (love love LOVE this book; got around to reading it last year) and the Mists of Avalon! Hope you enjoy them :)

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Lianne wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hmmmm, let's see. With Christmas, I got these books:
-Yes Please
-Kitchen
-The Mists of Avalon
-Burial Rites
-[book:The ..."

I hope so too! Heard nothing but good things about both :) Burial Rites just seemed so interesting, and different than anything I had ever heard of. I had to have it!