CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 20 - Celebrities Writing Novels

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (morwesong) | 55 comments Happy Monday, all!

I am always a sucker for a good celebrity memoir, but this isn't about that. I am looking at the fiction that well-known celebrities have written. Have you read any, and if so, what are your thoughts?

I recently read Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks and really enjoyed most of the short stories in the collection.

The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak is a great book to read to kids. I didn't think that it would work as well as it did, but when I read it a few years back, the kids loved it.

I have also noticed a novel by Krysten Ritter called Bonfire that is currently on our new book display. I have not read it yet, but it looks like an exciting suspense novel.

So, what celebrity fiction have you read and loved? Or read and hated? Let us know!

Uncommon Type Some Stories by Tom Hanks The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak Bonfire by Krysten Ritter

message 2: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 69 comments The only thing I can think off the top of my head is Palo-Alto stories by James Franco. It's been awhile since I read it, but I remember liking it okay. It certainly had the feel of being a first novel for a writer, but not bad (never saw the film adaptation though).

Palo Alto

message 3: by Traci (new)

Traci (tardis1974) It was a bit slow to get into, but Somewhere Somewhere Maybe by Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) ended up being a fun little chick lit novel.