What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Romance books with an "anti-heroine"

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steffi (last edited May 14, 2018 09:28AM) (new)

Steffi Celis (stefficelis) | 40 comments Im looking for romance books with anti-heroines, the heroines i want to read have personal issues, can be issues with love or anything like that. Some of the books i have read that are dealing with heroines of this type are:
Mira from Six Feet Under by Whitney Barbetti, Olivia from The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher and Yara from Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher
Thats just and example in case someone that reads this has read one of those books that way it makes it easier to see what im looking for

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
This "Anti-Heroines" list might offer some ideas - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

message 3: by Steffi (new)

Steffi Celis (stefficelis) | 40 comments Thanks but i already saw a few of the lists that goodreads has and i have already read some books that are in it :)

message 4: by Spockles (new)

Spockles | 199 comments Life on the Level by Zoraida Cordova – Heroine is in rehab for a gambling addiction.
The Risk by S.T. Abby (5-book series) – Heroine is a serial killer targeting men involved in a crime from her childhood.
Brutal by K.S. Adkins – (Haven't read it, but reviews say heroine is violent)
ManEater by Aleya Michelle – (Haven't read it either, but heroine unapologetically uses men for one night stands)

message 5: by Temeritous (new)

Temeritous | 20 comments Tuesday Falling by S. Williams -- Fantastic book! Possibly just a bit brutal for sensitive readers, but I absolutely loved it.

The Dredd Chronicles (trilogy) by Ann Aguirre, starts with Perdition -- you'll need to read all 3 to get the whole story/ending. I loved this one, too, although was pretty brutal, too, and had me worried about whether or not I could continue and whether or not it would have a "happy" ending for the main protagonists. The heroine is brutal, but has to be in order to survive her surroundings and is not really without heart.

message 6: by Steffi (new)

Steffi Celis (stefficelis) | 40 comments Thanks for all of the recomendations guys :D ill be checking them out

message 7: by Steffi (new)

Steffi Celis (stefficelis) | 40 comments Wild Irish wrote: "Tuesday Falling by S. Williams -- Fantastic book! Possibly just a bit brutal for sensitive readers, but I absolutely loved it.

The Dredd Chronicles (trilogy) by Ann Aguirre, starts..."

Thanks irish, does Tuesday Falling have any romance?

message 8: by Temeritous (last edited May 18, 2018 06:47PM) (new)

Temeritous | 20 comments Hi, Steffi. No, it has none. But I am hoping the author writes more about her and eventually allows her to find romance and happiness, she deserves it. I usually prefer a bit of romance as a side in my action/adventure/fantasy/sci-fi/etc stories, but I really loved this book despite there being no romance in it, it was just so well done, gritty, and engaging. And to introduce romance to her character this soon would have been a mistake, IMO. She needs to heal some more from her traumas and this book was her first step in beginning to be able to heal, IMHO. I am so hoping the author gives us more with her journey.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments A Demon Bound there is light romance, but not the main focus. This series is pretty long, will be 10 books, 9 already published. As far as anti heroine, main character is an imp! She mischievous, sneaky, snarky, and just what you expect for an imp to be. Really recommend this. It’s hilarious.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Sins & Needles

Daughter of the Blood this is fantasy, don’t know how you feel about that, but good book.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Oh, and this one just popped into my head, Mad