The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Greetings!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kai (new)

Kai Moore-Austen (mxmarmite) Hey everyone, I'm Kai, I'm 24 at the end of the month. I was always a good reader from a small child but didn't like reading until I was 8 and really fell in love with the Harry Potter series. This year I am at 51 books so far, which is 6 more than my overall total for last year, and my goal each year now is to just read more than the year before. Finding this group means hopefully I will find more books to read!

Mostly I listen to audiobooks, as due to chronic pain and restlessness I struggle to sit down with a print book anymore. I have read in total one print book this year which took me nearly 3 months.

I love a challenge and have dealved into more genres than I thought I would before with the help of the PopSugar Reading CHallenge this year, and now have a love for true crime as well as a renewed love for science fiction. Honestly I will read most things, as long as the topic isn't too triggering for my mental health (I have C-PTSD among other things).

So yeah, that's me. I look forawrd to spending more time around the group, looking forward to more books to add to my pile!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmatina) | 5 comments Hi Kai, welcome! I’m new too! :)

message 3: by Surupa (new)

Surupa Mukhopadhyay (surupam17) | 9 comments Kai wrote: "Hey everyone, I'm Kai, I'm 24 at the end of the month. I was always a good reader from a small child but didn't like reading until I was 8 and really fell in love with the Harry Potter series. This..."
I fell in love with reading through the Harry Potter series too!

message 4: by Kai (new)

Kai Moore-Austen (mxmarmite) Surupa wrote: "I fell in love with reading through the Harry Potter series too! "

Despite all the issues with Rowling, I still love the series, and feel I love it separately! Honestly, I had no interest in reading, even though I could until I went to a Brownie camp (I was AFAB), I went in 9 pages into the Philosophers Stone, then came back 2 nights later 9 pages from the end!

message 5: by Kai (new)

Kai Moore-Austen (mxmarmite) Tink wrote: "Hi Kai, welcome! I’m new too! :)"

Thank you! Welcome to you too!

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10145 comments Mod
Welcome Kai!

message 7: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (geekgirl2314) Hi, guys. I'm new, too. My name is Josephine. I don't know exactly how I fell in love with reading, I just have loved it for as long as I can remember. But I do love Harry Potter.