Play Book Tag discussion

Love and Ruin
This topic is about Love and Ruin
Archive: Other Books > Love and Ruin - Paula McLain - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments As a fan of the Paris Wife, I was excited to see how author Paula McLain would handle the story of Martha Gellhorn. She was the third wife of Ernest Hemingway. Gellhorn was a young author who had not quite reached her potential. She meets Hemingway and soon they become friends. He is still married to his second wife, but Hemingway and Gellhorn fall in love while they are both war journalists in Spain. Their relationship is rocky, but they eventually are able to marry. She faces a pull between being what Hemingway wants her to be and the writer she needs to be.

Although this book is historical fiction, the author gets across Gellhorn's real accomplishments and her strength in wars to find stories that will move and education her readers. Hemingway’s personality and fame are factors in the book. The story is well told.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9391 comments Love to your review. Love how we’re book twins! And that I know what you look like.

Kelly | 848 comments Amy wrote: "Love to your review. Love how we’re book twins! And that I know what you look like."

I like that we enjoy the same books also! Funny about what I look like. I should put a photo on Goodreads.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I am really looking forward to this one!