Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

The Dark Calling (The Arcana Chronicles, #5)
This topic is about The Dark Calling
Archived: BOM/SGOM > The Dark Calling (The Arcana Chronicles #5) by Kresley Cole

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole

New intrigues, adventures, and stunning revelations fill the penultimate installment of #1 New York Times best-selling author Kresley Cole’s electrifying Arcana Chronicles.

In a world teetering on the edge . . .
When Evie receives life-changing—and possibly game-changing—news, she has trouble believing it. Why doesn’t she feel any different? Is it possible someone she trusts might be lying?

With enemies at every turn . . .
Tensions seethe inside the castle of lost time as Evie starts to doubt her own sanity. Answers can be found outside their stronghold, but will Death help her find them—or prevent her from learning the truth about her future and Jack’s possible survival?

Darkness beckons.
A mysterious, sinister power begins to affect the Arcana in its path. Forced out into the wasteland alone, Evie must depend on unexpected allies. But as a battle with Richter looms, can her new alliance defeat the Dark Calling before hell reigns on earth?

message 2: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Go ahead and start, I’ll catch up in the morning.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm at work now but I'll start tonight, in 5 ,6 hours

message 4: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Ok, your evening my morning.

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments When was the last time Evie's version of things was different from Paul's?
Aric said 2 months ago

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm so tired , I only read upto second page of chapter 3. I'm going to bed.

message 7: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Ch. 2 There must be a reason why Evie remembers things differently than other people. Is someone tampering with her memories? Circe?

message 8: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I don’t like the turn the plot has taken...

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going really slow! I've only 2 more pages since my last update!

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I don’t like the turn the plot has taken..."

I'm starting chapter 5 and I don't like it either. To me it seems that she's going to have problems with Aric and this would give her some excuses to go to Jack! I'm pretty sure Aric will die at the end of the series :(

Is she really pregnant? Can Aric touch the baby without killing it if she is?

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments You mean (view spoiler)

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "You mean [spoilers removed]"

LOL or as LK likes to say **gigglesnort**

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee**

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "**hee hee**"

;)

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm on chapter 29
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited May 15, 2018 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm on chapter 29

I knew Paul would play a big role but I had no idea he would be the inactive card. I was still thinking it's Jack. I still think Jack is something in the game. Maybe a Minor?

I..."

(view spoiler)

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "So much could have been done with this world plot wise... *sigh*"

Yes so much! A wasted potential!

How far are you?

message 19: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Finished Ch.32

Paul is worse than I thought!

message 20: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Also, I hate that Evie has basically been benched for the duration of the Game...

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "Finished Ch.32

Paul is worse than I thought!"

Haahaa me too!

His POV was horrible!!!!

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm worried about that vision from Matthew! Was it a lie or a possible or a definite future?

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "Also, I hate that Evie has basically been benched for the duration of the Game..."

Yes she hasn't done much, specially in this book.

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I hated chapter 34 (view spoiler)

message 25: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments (view spoiler)

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Strike that!I'm reading!

message 27: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "I hated chapter 34 [spoilers removed]"

I HATE THIS! AHHH! And yes it’s cheating! She accepted the marriage and accepted Aric’s proposal to start over.

message 28: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments This book is so unfair to Aric!

message 29: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I hated chapter 34 [spoilers removed]"

I HATE THIS! AHHH! And yes it’s cheating! She accepted the marriage and accepted Aric’s proposal to start over."

NOT HAPPY!!

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments eeep chapter 37
That was so unexpected and sad

message 31: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Yes, poor Kentarch! I was right about Lorraine! She’s bad!

message 32: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Can someone please explain why that child is forbidden?

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "Can someone please explain why that child is forbidden?"

Yea that's be great!

message 34: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Is it just the Empress and Death’s child or any child between Major Arcana that’s forbidden?

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm thinking these 2 only. Death and life...

message 36: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m guessing that the child is necessary to end the game and Matthew wants it to be born.

message 37: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments that's what I'm guessing too.

message 38: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments And Aric saves the day! He’s so awesome! *sigh*

message 39: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm at work but reading on phone even if I have 2 minutes to myself!! I think I'll finish this today.
On chapter 47

message 40: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments What did you think of the cave scene in ch. 44?

message 41: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I think she needed the breakdown. She told him everything she was thinking about. The unloading was an essential thing.

message 42: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments chapter 49
(view spoiler)

message 43: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments It did and I agree, that was one of the best scenes in the series. It shows how much they have both changed and grown as characters. Too bad Evie is still so weak in comparison...

message 44: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm done. I think I loved it? I don't know!!! let me think...

message 45: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I knew there was a reason that I didn't like love triangles. No wonder really ...

message 46: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I liked the ending but not that Jackson made the choice for her. And even then she is still thinking only of herself. She’s not thinking about how they feel and what they want. I also hated that Evie holds Aric to a different standard than Jackson or even the other Arcana. I was so glad when Jackson called her on it. She was being hypocritical when she expected people to get over what she did in past games but couldn’t get over what Aric did. Both Jackson and Aric saved this book. I wanted them to dump Evie in her tower with Circe and Lark for company, then go together on adventures... I still think one of the three will die. I’m hoping for Evie, then Aric and Jackson can raise the kid on their own without Evie’s drama.

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Haahaa I love your solution.
when someone can't decide for themselves then it'll be done for them. At first I didn't like it but it was the best solution for the moment.
I'm sure there will be more drama about who she ends up with, I just hope that time it will be her choice.
This is AF, why can't she have both? It's obvious she wants to.

message 48: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments There's nothing about the next book anywhere, i hope it doesn't take 2 years to come out.

BTW did you think it was the best book she'd written?

message 49: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments She’s too much of a wimp to suggest it... but like you say they’ll end up making the choice for her, like Jack did. And I agree there will be more relationship drama in the next one.

message 50: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "There's nothing about the next book anywhere, i hope it doesn't take 2 years to come out.

BTW did you think it was the best book she'd written?"

I hope we don’t have to wait for too long, and no not her best work.

BTW did you notice the parallels between Evie+Aric and Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #18) by Kresley Cole ?

« previous 1

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Abyss (other topics)
The Dark Calling (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kresley Cole (other topics)