Deistic Academy (Multi Pantheon Advanced RP) discussion

viii. academy grounds > ;; courtyard

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 254 comments Mod
If Alison said she was a timely person she'd be lying through her teeth. In fact, had this been a typical study meeting, classwork group up, she wouldn't have shown up at all. She was flaky, and she got bored easily. But it wasn't the typical pair date.

Kyv was what she called her at first, while they were giggling in class about how bad of a flirt Mr. Navid was. But as the days went on and they'd gone through a full semester, somewhere along the way, Alison had begun calling her Kyvvy, and other variations of that, toying with the different ways she could taste the name on her lips.

She approached the bench from behind, and though she was wearing a rather flowy blue dress, she still hopped over the back of it and settled beside the girl, smirking playfully, "Have you seen a cute girl around here? I was supposed to meet up with her to finish some dumb project at least thirty minutes ago"

Alison looked a little lost for a moment, considering Ky's words and tilting her head to the side, brows knitting together against her forehead until she finally understand and smiled like a dork. "Oh." she grinned. Though as the silence between them lasted longer and their gazes didn't bend under the building tension of the moment, she found herself in a quiet reverie, grin dropping down, lips slightly parted.

Then Ky spoke and she realized they still had to get a dumb project done.

"We could just not do it" she replied with a rather exaggerated shrug, mimicking the eye roll she'd received earlier.

Alison thought about it for a moment and rolled her eyes, "Navid's probably going to forget the due date. We'll just tell him it's the day after tomorrow and he'll go with it. He always does. He's got no sense of time." she shrugged and smirked, "If by a little later you mean tomorrow, yes, I think that'd be an excellent idea"

Not a very smart one perhaps. Though if she were being honest with herself, Alison wasn't exactly known for her stellar intellect, nor her ability to reason. She was more instinctive than anything, well she tried to be. Ky made it difficult to be herself, especially when she was so incredibly self conscious around the girl.

Alison knew rationally, maybe she was being a little irrational. Navid would only be so lenient with them. Or maybe not? She wasn't entirely certain. Or maybe she just didn't actually care.

She chuckled at that last comment, leaning against the bench and pushing several locks of platinum blonde behind her ear before shrugging, "I did make the suggestion. Maybe you don't want to" she teased, sticking her tongue out childishly before poking Kyveli right in the side. It was a gentle poke, more for the purpose of being able to touch Kyveli at all. She tilted her head, leaning forward and narrowing her eyes, a smirk playing on her lips,

"And I was supposed to ask you on a date. So now I gotta do it formally. Pretend you didn't say that." she cleared her throat, sitting up straight and popping her knuckles, "Hey, go on a date with me please?" she asked, raising her brows expectantly, "See this is where you say yes." she added.

Alison grinned like a dork, at first. She wasn't really one for sentimentalities and long strings of poetry. She was typically right to the point, skipping all of the verbose displays of verbal affection. She'd never been good with words. She'd been with other girls before but they'd all gotten tired of her, or vice versa. But Kyv was different and Alison wasn't going to try and weed out the reason as to why that was.

She stared though, swallowing harshly and reaching up to nervously rub at the back of her neck before nodding and standing up, "Alright, then is that a yes? See I asked you out formally, now you've got to say yes - formally." she added.

Alison glanced at Ky with brows raised against her forehead. Wow. She really hadn't thought this far ahead. Her little spur of confidence settled down into the embers of a roaring wildfire, only just hot to the touch, and she felt the sweat prick at her palms, nervousness bubbling at the back of her throat. Yeah. She really hadn't thought this far.

In all honesty, Alison wasn't a planner. She went with things that worked until they didn't, she flowed until the flow stopped and she had to actively search for a new one. But Ky always seemed like she had all of herself together, as if the pieces weren't pieces but instead a whole of which she catered and cared for regularly. Whereas Alison didn't even know what she had for breakfast that morning.

"uhhh.. yeah.. about that" she rubbed the back of her neck, chuckling uneasily, "there's lunch.. or... I take suggestions" her lips curled into a cheeky grin and she glanced at the girl before her expectantly.