What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fairy Tales
This topic is about Fairy Tales
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: fictional book, collection of the original fairytales such as cinderella or princess and the frog from different cultures/ very unique illustrations [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by r (last edited May 14, 2018 04:24PM) (new)

r p (rp0310) | 2 comments I cannot remember the author of this book but there was a separation between them and the illustrator. One of the fairytales was about the firebird and I remember there was an illustration of a beautiful tree with golden fruits?? (sounds weird, I know), as well as an illustration of rumplestiltskin and the story of how he was going to take away the first child of this mother unless she found out his name. A bit morbid, but I don't think it was the Grimms brothers book of fairytales. It was also very cultural, with most of the fairytales taking place is very different parts of the world. The physical book itself was also paperback, I read it around the years 2009-2014, I loved it because the illustrations, especially the gold in it and the characters in it were so unique and odd, hopefully it can be found! EDIT: the name of the book is Classic Fairy Tales: by Berlie Doherty, thank you Joseph!

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marquis | 226 comments Maybe Classic Fairy Tales: by Berlie Doherty (Retelling),
Jane Ray (Illustrator)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

See illustrations here:
https://www.books4yourkids.com/2009/1...

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Did the OP confirm this is the correct book?

message 4: by r (new)

r p (rp0310) | 2 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Did the OP confirm this is the correct book?"

Yes! I have confirmed it in the comment included under the topic title.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Oh, thanks r.