Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Crimson Lake (Crimson Lake, #1)
This topic is about Crimson Lake
Group Read - Crimson Lake > Group Read - Crimson Lake general No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Are you planning on reading, or have you read our group read book for May/June 2018? No spoilers on this thread please. Chapter summary threads to follow. The chapters aren't numbered so we'll break into "percent of time" discussion threads. When I get a print copy I'll add page numbers too.
Candice Fox's Crimson Lake

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Geri: I must thank you for recommending this book as a group read! I am listening to the audio and love the narrator's accent, the setting (Queensland Australia) the characters and intriguing mix of clues, procedure and humor.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8310 comments I have it on hold at the library but can't tell when it will come in. In the meantime I have plenty of other group reads I have to catch up on, LOL.

Geri Glad you are enjoying it Ann! It’s one of the few books I have given a 5 star rating to this year. I will join in on the discussion!

message 5: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Carol: be sure to listen to the audio! I know you'll enjoy the narrator's accent! 😊
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I have it on hold at the library but can't tell when it will come in. In the meantime I have plenty of other group reads I have to catch up on, LOL."

message 6: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments I got a Kindle library loan so using those page numbers our segments are:
0/3 to 1/3 from pages 1 to 121
1/3 to 2/3 from pages 122 to 234
2/3 to 3/3 from pages 235 to 348

Sandi (sandin954) | 1238 comments I just picked up the hardcover from the library today. Hope to start sometime this weekend.

message 8: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Sandi: great! If you happen to discover different hard cover page numbers from those on Kindle I will make a note on the segment introductions for posting comments thanks!
Sandi wrote: "I just picked up the hardcover from the library today. Hope to start sometime this weekend."

Russ | 339 comments I see that I've missed the party. But I read a sample today and loved it! I look forward to reading the group's commentary if I go forward with the book.

message 10: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Russ: I predict you will enjoy Crimson Lake if you read it!
Russ wrote: "I see that I've missed the party. But I read a sample today and loved it! I look forward to reading the group's commentary if I go forward with the book."

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8310 comments I will be delayed starting the audio of this; there's something wrong with the Playaway I got from the library. Pooh.

message 12: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments How disappointing! Hope you get another turn soon.
I remember the days my summer car temperatures would almost melt the audio cd's.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I will be delayed starting the audio of this; there's something wrong with the Playaway I got from the library. Pooh."

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8310 comments Ann wrote: "How disappointing! Hope you get another turn soon.
I remember the days my summer car temperatures would almost melt the audio cd's.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I will be delayed starting the audio of t..."

Oops, I posted in the wrong thread. The book I'm delayed on in Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI. Still disappointing!