✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Silver Smith & Jellybean: Divergent

Comments Showing 1-50 of 160 (160 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by butterbean (last edited May 13, 2018 06:07PM) (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Name: Leo Bowlivarde
Former Faction: Candor
Faction: Erudite
Test Result: Divergent
Appearance:
Face Claim: Sean O'Donnell
Personality: Leo is quite the quiet guy being from Candor. He never got along with his siblings and tended to be free of it all one day. His striking personality and free minded spirit has gotten him into some trouble in the past, but he at least tries to act normal. Leo's quite charming, tends to picks fights with few he sees and is known to be an "intelligent" young man.
Strengths:
Smart as hell, knows mostly everything you ask him of
Strong overall
Stays on his feet more than his mind
Weaknesses:
Actually gives a crap about others
Quite the player
Too quick with his tongue
History: Born in Candor from his mother, father and two older and one younger sibling, Leo wasn't always the bright and smart kid in his family. He enjoyed learning things and knew so much others did not. He wished to climb the fence, but of course never got to that. At the age of 10, his family was suddenly broken apart by the tragic death of one of his older brothers who had of course gone to Dauntless. Leo never learned what happened, but he vowed never to join Dauntless even if his test results said so. Soon enough, test day came and he was provided with Divergent. Nice, he thought even then. Knowing what he wanted in the first place, he joined up with Erudite and is now supposed to act smart. What a life for him.
Family:
Father: Alive
Mother: Alive
Eldest Brother: Alive
Second Eldest Brother: Deceased
Younger Sister: Alive
Relationship Status: Open

message 2: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Nice! So how you wanna start this Silver?

message 4: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Sure! :)

Walking out of the lab wearing a pair of jeans and a simple blue t-shirt, Leo was ready to head back to the house. He had just recently learned more about certain chemicals and that made his headache, bad. Nothing to severe though but still he wasn't in the best of mindful moods. Taking a left turn he started down the street towards his tiny building made just for him. A sigh of relief left him as he thought of a nice cup of joe after a long day of work. But he had something else come to his mind, the chemicals he had learned today. Water, H20. Sodium Bicarbonate, NaHCO3. Copper sulphate, CuSO4. . . Oh no, was he seriously reciting his chemical compounds? He just chuckled to himself as he turned a right, only about four blocks from his tiny house.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments ((Is this before or after the ceremony?))

message 6: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((I would say after, but I can delete it and start at the ceremony if you’d like.))

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments ((Whichever you prefer.))

Silver was hurrying out of the library. She wore a blue blouse, white slim jacket, and blue dress pants and blue shoes. Silver held three books against her chest, her head was bowed as she hurried. It had been one week since the ceremony and Silver was not used to how things worked here. It was quiet when she was used to it being loud, loud when it was supposed to be quiet. Being where smiling and sometimes just thoughtfully. Silver was waiting for someone to pick on her again. Everyone was kind once they figured out where she was from, they liked having an enemy on their side.

message 8: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((Why don't we just start right here, since I like where this is going.))

Leo just walked around yet another corner looking up as he spotted a girl clearly in a hurry. He tried shaking it off but he just wanted to know why the rush. Walking in her direction, he started her way and slowly sorta followed her. No he wasn't stalking whatsoever, he was just wondering why she might be in a rush. Nothing to weird, but hopefully he might learn something.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments ((Got It!))

Silver didn't notice someone watching her. She had gotten used to that feeling since there were cameras everywhere constantly watching everyone. Also, Silver had never given anyone a reason to follow her. She kept to herself and even though she was in the faction where everyone wanted to know everything, she had mastered the skill of giving off the vibe that told them there was nothing to know. Hard water. That's what it must be missing. I should have realized that since I am doing nuclear science and hard water does play a role.

message 10: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((Just realised how many times I make my characters stalk people is quite creepy. xD))

Leo turned a corner but tried to act normal since there were cameras everywhere. Knowing he wasn't where he belonged didn't help either, since being Divergent didn't help with anything and made everything difficult for him. He quickly shook the thought away as he almost ran into a building from being in a reverie. Not knowing much about where he was going and what he was doing again, he stopped and looked around. Everything looked so familiar.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments ((That's funny. I usually have most of my characters act the same way at the same time.))

Silver started hearing footsteps behind her, and heard them continue as if someone was following her. She bit her lip, thinking quickly. Silver was Dauntless, she did not know how to fight except simple defense she taught herself. She was very intelligent, like everyone else here, but in understanding people more than others. Silver slowed down as if she wanted to look around, listening to the steps.

message 12: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Following her contently, Leo just keep walking even when she did. Didn't seem like much, but he was now lost and actually needed some help. Hopefully she knew the area, right? Even if she didn't, at least he might get some help getting to the main area. "Uh, excuse me?" He said, his voice a gentle whisper.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver quickly looked at him over her shoulder before turning around to face him. "Yes?" She asked, her voice was not a whisper but was very soft and quiet, almost timid. Silver had started getting some confidence back into her voice but there was still a far way to go. "Are you lost?"

message 14: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo just walked a little forward, fiddling his fingers around. "Well--- yeah sorta yeah." He looked over at her, a bit of an embarrassed look on his face. Hopefully this whole 'I'm lost' thing will keep him out of trouble from sorta following her. At least he spoke though, he was never good with talking to females.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver nodded and managed a real enough, kind smile. "Where do you need to get to then?" She asked, mentally mapping out their location. Silver had good memory, photographic which was more helpful here than it had been back at her old faction.

message 16: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo just paused for a moment, wondering where he should head to to get back to his building. But then again, where might be a good starting point? He just looked up, a concentrated look on his face. "Well, well umm I just started at the laboratory down near the center area and I started heading home. Guess I got lost on the way. Might you know where that lab is located?"

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver nodded. "Straight for three blocks, a right, straight and then it will be on your left." She answered with a slightly wider smile. "If I may, what is it that you are studying?" Silver asked curiously, worried she had crossed a line when she asked. It was odd being in a faction that lived to ask questions.

message 18: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((So sorry for the wait!))

Leo turned around to leave just to look back at her question. "Oh, well umm I'm studying chemical engineering. I am soon set to work around and with the main chemical transport system but--- ah I'm just getting ahead of myself. And, well if you don't mind me asking, you?"

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver nodded, thinking a moment. “Um, well I’m studying mechanics and engineering. Pretty much anything related to that. But I am trying to figure out and convince Miss Matthews to allow me to create vechicles for the Dauntless since the Factionless.”

((You’re fine.))

message 20: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo nodded, listening along. "Since the Factionless what? Did-- did they do something?" He was wondering contently on the Factionless since he did feel a little sympathy for them. It was weird and all but he just needed to let them know he could help them. Wow, that just made him feel like he put himself in the wrong faction.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments "Factionless are, sadly, growing in numbers and are deciding to cause mayhem." Silver said. "Breaking windows, minor things like that but the Dauntless are tasked with keeping them under control so armored vehicles would help them." Silver herself did not mind the Factionless, thinking that they themselves should be a Faction but no one else thought that way and Silver has not figured out her own views just yet.

message 22: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments "That doesn't sound very. . ." Leo trailed off looking at her quietly. The Factionless were growing in numbers?! That didn't sound very safe at all! Suddenly wondering more and more about them, Leo suddenly changed the subject. "Why might they be growing? Why won't other Factions let them in? Why are people not getting into Factions? What if some of them are Divergent?!" He gasped suddenly covering his mouth. Dang him for saying that here! Dang him for saying it in front of another Faction member! Dang him for saying it at all!

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver was startled by his onslaught of questions but was not troubled, only curious. Divergent? How does he know about them? What does he even think of them? Silver remembered the Abnegation man's warning, telling her to keep it silent. "People are having trouble completely the Dauntless initiation. They are not welcomed anywhere else because that's the rule and rule breaking is no longer heard of. Most people just don't seem to fit in any Faction. Though that could be why."

message 24: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments After calming down a bit, Leo finally pulled himself together. Wow, never say that again, he thought, taking a deep breath to calm himself down more. "Yes, yes I agree with you. But still, don't you feel bad for them? Wow and now I sound like I should've chosen Abnegation instead of well this." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair to try and straighten it out. But still it was quite wild like always. "Rule-breaking? Yeah, that's not a thing around here no is it?"

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver smiled, knowing she most likely should have picked that Faction as well but she had no choice. "I do, actually, yeah. If I may, where have you been for you entire life? In a hole?" She asked, surprised that he seemed to be clueless as to how things worked around here.

message 26: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments "Me? Of all people you think I'm the one who's been living in a hole? No!" Leo just smiled, wondering if he had actually been living in a hole. "Well I don't think my old Faction was much of a hole, now was it? Maybe it was I don't know." He perked up suddenly, remembering how they were talking and he had never introduced himself. "And uh. . . I'm Leo."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver thought a moment before extending her hand for him to shake. "Silver. It's nice to meet you Leo. Which Faction are you from? Again, just curious and if I am allowed to ask that." She smiled, glad she found someone who was nice.

message 28: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo grabbed the hand and shook, being what normal people did. "Well hello Silver, it's nice to meet you." His voice did seem shaky on the edges but it was firm through and through. "Oh Candor! And yeah I'm not to afraid to let people know, since we're supposed to be honest and all." He looked at the ground for a second. "And now I'm supposed to be intelligent. What a move I have made."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments "It does not seem to be too big of a stretch." Silver reassured him. She took had hand back, thinking. "Unlike me, I'm from Abnegation." Silver resisted the urge to wince at saying the word. Erudite hated Abnegation. Hated them but they were so very welcoming when it came to her. Silver smiled hesitantly.

message 30: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo looked up at her. "Oh," he simply said knowing how much this Faction hated them. "Did-- did you have an okay time getting in? I don't mean to be rude but you know." He tried to gently respond to Silver's obvious feeling towards being a hated figure in a hateful place.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver nodded. "Everyone here is very welcoming." She reassured him with a small smirk. "But I highly doubt my family back there is very happy." Why did I mention family?! WHY?! I shouldn't have said that, I really should not have.

message 32: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments "That's. . . good to know." Leo grinned, listening in for her next statement. "Yes, I saw the look on my family's faces when I chose this. They really thought I would go to Dauntless, but no. I made a vow not to." He looked into the woman's eyes, they seemed to be saying so much but without words. He couldn't tell what though. "I don't think my family was to proud of my either don't you worry about being alone."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments "Made a vow eh? That's rather dramatic." Silver said, looking at him as he finished speaking with a tilted head. "What do you mean, don't worry?" She asked, her voice was not yet guarded or cautious which was new for her but she wondered exactly what Leo was thinking. What he perceived.

message 34: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments "Maybe it is." Leo could agree with her, but his mind was all made up. One vow wouldn't hurt, right? "Oh! Well I just thought maybe you might've, well, felt alone with your family finding you maybe not as proud as they used to be towards you. I'm sorry if I like hurt or offended you in any way."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver smiled and nodded. "You didn't. Faction before blood. I am not upset or anything with how my family feels. Well, maybe a little scared and proud but that makes me sound horrible." She laughed softly, somewhat nervously.

message 36: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments "Right Faction before blood. I don't think it makes you sound horrible." Leo clenched his fingers, suddenly regretting saying that. Oh what things he did that made Leo, Leo. "Yeah I guess that's true. About not caring about what the family thinks."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver found nothing that Leo said wrong or rude, just smiling a looking down. "Thanks. You're a good guy, you know? Since you're a transfer, I feel fine saying that I'm glad you're not pompous and arrogant as the rest of this Faction. That you're genuinely nice. Thanks."

message 38: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo just smiled, at that a hint of pride filled his eyes. Of course he wasn't like the rest of the Faction, he was. . . well different in a good way. Not that he was Divergent, Leo didn't think that changed him very much. It was that his attitude towards learning wasn't the best of attitudes. The pride quickly faded though, since Leo didn't want to be caught letting others know it was okay to compliment him. God that made him look like a showoff. "Hey no problem. I guess I don't like being like everyone else, you know? It's-- it's good to be different every once and awhile."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver was more perceptive than her uncle ever wanted her to be. More than her old Faction wanted her to be. She saw the pride in his eyes but the fact that it went away soon reassured her that her words were well chosen. Silver looked ahead before looking back up at the sky. "It is getting late. Should we part for now but we can meet at the lab tomorrow? I mean, if you do want to meet up." She added the last part quickly, not wanting to seem pushy or clingy.

message 40: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments "Yes indeed it is." Leo agreed, looking up at the sky and looking back down quickly. "Uh yeah sure why not! It might be better here now that I can actually interact with other human beings." He laughed, quieting down quickly. "Thanks again for the--." He tried to remember what he had asked her in the first place, but little old him forgot. Dang him for forgetting!

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments "You're very welcome for the directions." Silver said. "Do you remember them still or should I repeat them?" She asked mischievously with a small smile. Leo was nice, she decided, and she was not bother at all by his forgetfulness. Candor were supposed to move on from what people say, even if that includes forgetting.

message 42: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo shook his head, "No I think I can remember. Straight for three blocks, a right, straight again and then it will be on my left. Yeah I can find my place from there." He tried not to grin back, but one side of his mouth slightly pulled upwards into a bit of a misshapen grin. "Well thanks again Silver. It was nice meeting you. You-- you have a nice night."

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments Silver nodded, turning on her heel to head to her place. "You have a nice night too, Leo." She said before walking. Silver glanced back with a wave and smile before hurrying home, each step lighter than it had been before she got along with a fellow transfer.

message 44: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments Leo just waved back, turning around and heading back to the lab. It didn't take him long before he say their lights on and went another direction home. Opening the door, he stepped inside and did his usual clean ups before heading to bed. Leo fell asleep quickly, his night was now over. Morning would come soon and hopefully, he's see her again.

((Time skip?))

message 46: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((I could go if you want me to.))

message 48: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((Sounds good!))

Waking up to the sound of people starting to walk outside, Leo shot up and threw his covers running to the window. Pushing it open, he realized he was late as the last of the scientists walked down towards the lab. Scrambling to get ready, Leo was out the door in less than five minutes as he threw a dark blue colored baseball cap for the sun shining down on the streets. He sprinted past buildings and houses until slamming into the lab doors. Making his way down to the chemical part of the lab, Leo opened to doors after throwing on a lab coat and slowly made his way to his spot. He was almost late, being right after making it to his spot the entire place suddenly started mixing different chemicals set on finding one that might help foods last longer. Dang, he had forgotten about that. Being he didn't really know what to do, Leo got out his supplies and different chemicals and started mixing them together. He wrote down how much he put in, how long he mixed them and what they were doing.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.))  | 7536 comments ((Question: Would they have same classes or would people be divided into what interests them? I'm leaning toward same class.))

message 50: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 110 comments ((I don't really know but I'm digging the idea of them being in the same class too.))

« previous 1 3 4