What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Finding Emilie
This topic is about Finding Emilie
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A few small spoilers - Regency Romance era - young woman loves science, a 14 yo young man shows her her 1st microscope, she is almost raped, she falls for a young man at his uncle's science lab,

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (alj1) | 8 comments Set in Regency Romance era - young woman loves science, a 14 year old young man shows her her 1st microscope. She is almost raped at one point, because a bratty woman leaves her alone with a bad man. Our heroine falls for a young man (with great title but little money) at his uncle's science lab, but they can't marry because he is intended for another rich young woman. Our heroine's aunt wants her to marry an old man with money and title and takes away her writing material (I can't remember exactly why, but it has to do with her independence). At one point in the story, our heroine learns that the original bratty woman died in child birth. She also learns that the bratty woman's side kick was impregnated by the would-be rapist and had to marry a RICH but disgusting old gentleman quickly.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
When did you read this? Was it paper book, ebook, other?

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (alj1) | 8 comments It was late last year. It was in print and I think it was a paperback book (it may have been hard back though). I recall so much of the story, but all of the names are missing from my memory. I was thinking about reading another book by the same author, but can't figure out the title or author.

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (alj1) | 8 comments I'm thinking it might be Finding Emilie by Laurel Corona. I'm not positive, though.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Finding Emilie for Amy's click.

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (alj1) | 8 comments I'm pretty sure it is Finding Emilie. I'm just having a hard time deciding if I'm combining parts of two separate books.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Are you sure enough to have this marked as Solved?

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (alj1) | 8 comments No - and the local library doesn't have the book (I read Finding Emilie in another library system). So, I have to find it elsewhere to be sure. I'll mark it as soon as I find the book.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Does your library do InterLibraryLoans (ILL)? If so, see if they can still get you the book.