What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Chick Lit set in New Orleans

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (last edited May 13, 2018 11:11AM) (new)

Valerie Lorraine | 2 comments I read this book in 2005. I purchased it at a thrift store so it must've been published in the late 1990s or early 2000s. Its about a woman in either her 20s/30s and she is in New Orleans and steps into a shop and meets a woman behind the counter (who may have been slightly psychic and very spiritual) and they become fast friends. I think she either gets a job there or she visits the store often to visit her new friend.

I believe she ends up meeting a man. I can't recall, but I do remember that I really enjoyed the book, but when I moved out of my parents house, they threw all my stuff away.

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 14, 2018 10:18AM) (new)

Kris | 36595 comments Mod
Valerie, does anything paranormal happen? What kind of shop is it?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - their jobs/skills/interests, were they born in New Orleans, how the couple meets, love/hate at first sight, divorced/widowed/..., etc.?

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Lorraine | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Valerie, does anything paranormal happen? What kind of shop is it?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - their jobs/skills/interests, were they born in New Orleans, how the couple meets..."

I want to say that the girl who worked in the shop had psychic abilities, but unfortunately, i can't quite recall any additional details. I just remember their friendship. I'm so sorry that my description is so vague.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Valerie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?