New Adult Book Club discussion

Kat T. Masen
This topic is about Kat T. Masen
Author Q+A's > Kat T. Masen Q&A

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we have the very lovely Kat T. Masen with us taking your questions. Kat is the author of New Adult Favourites such as Roomie Wars , #Jerk, Into the Darkness,Mr. Rebound and much more.

Leave your questions for Kat below :)

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must have" when you are in writing mode?

message 3: by Ronnie~ (new)

Ronnie~ (ronixwritesofficial) | 24 comments When do you consider that particular day where you know the thoughts would just naturally flow freely on its own and take its course?

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha | 6 comments What inspires you when you start writing a new story?

a collective of books (acollectiveofbooks) Where would you like to travel to the most that you haven't been to yet?

message 6: by Ree (new)

Ree | 2410 comments What's your favourite music genre?

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Scholz | 58 comments What's been your favorite book to write?

message 8: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 170 comments What is that one book that you could read over and over again?

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 10: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your "must have" when you are in writing mode?"

Caffeine!!! I need to be alert. My best time is between 6am-8am. Inside my office, the sun shines so bright and my writing just flows.
Also, google. Sometimes, I google really random things though on the flip side, it distracts me when I start surfing the next.

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments J. wrote: "If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?"

Geez... this is a tough one! If it was my books, I would probably be Emerson Chase the reality TV star (though only for 1 day!) Out of all my books, she has the strongest family unit and I love that.

As for someone else books...I wouldn't mind be Chloe from Beautiful Bastard. Lover her character and Bennett of course :)

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are some of your favorite authors?"

My favourite author of all time is Virginia Andrews. Her stories were so dark and twisted. I started reading them at 13 and still continue to read them. So angsty and never a HEA.

Of more recent authors, I love reading Christina Lauren books and Jodi Ellen Malpas. Being an indie author, I try to spread my reading amongst many authors rather than sticking to favourites.

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments S.Shade wrote: "What is that one book that you could read over and over again?"

Virginia Andrews Pearl in the Mist. Something about that book just gives me all the feels. It's nothing like what I write and just keeps me on my toes each time I read it. I keep praying for a different ending.

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Sarah wrote: "What's been your favorite book to write?"

Each book has a different writing process but I would say that my final book in the Dark Love Series, Adriana, was hard but my favourite.

It was hard to put myself in the shoes of a women who had lost her partner and was grieving though falling slowly in love with someone else.
That, and it being a forbidden romance. Writing build up scenes are one of my most favourite things to do!

message 16: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Ree wrote: "What's your favourite music genre?"

80's...I'm an 80's gal at heart.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Bookish Addict wrote: "Where would you like to travel to the most that you haven't been to yet?"

I am yet to visit a tropical paradise. I have been to Hawaii and live in Australia but I'm talking white sands, huts and blue water. Like Maldives or Bora Bora....would love to visit so much!

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Martha wrote: "What inspires you when you start writing a new story?"

Every story is different but they usually come to me in two places: shower or while driving.

Songs also inspire me. A song I've listened to for decades may suddenly hit me and I'm like...YES WRITE ABOUT TWO LOVERS DOING THAT!

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat Masen | 13 comments Ronnie wrote: "When do you consider that particular day where you know the thoughts would just naturally flow freely on its own and take its course?"

Mine is more a time that day. I find that scheduling a day puts pressure on me therefore I choke.
I know each morning I'm fresh and my mind is crystal clear. I look forward to the early wake ups and the words just flow.