What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA dystopian Girl with no memory find out she was genetically modified

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 2 comments A while back, in 2010-2014, I read this book about this girl who woke up with amnesia. She was confused and trying to figure out who she was until a boy her age found her and claimed that they knew each other. He tells her she's genetically modified/a super soldier and she freaks out a bit. She goes with him to meet the other 2 genetically modified teens but the reunion is short because the government is tracking them down for some reason. (Spoiler Alert) The last thing I remember is a chapter where they've been captured and they have to be separated. For some reason, they have a bunch of tiny vials in their mouth and they kiss to give each other 1 vial to survive. It's pretty weird since I don't remember the context,

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments Question, did this involve the ability to escape via time travel back to medieval time and she was going to be burnt at the stake?

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4325 comments Is it Unremembered?

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 311 comments I second, Unremembered

message 5: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 2 comments Ah no it wasn’t. But thank you!

message 6: by Jay (last edited May 13, 2018 07:31PM) (new)

Jay (jadabo) | 39 comments Where did she wake up? Was she held somewhere or out on the streets?
Is there anything specific you can remember about the girl or boy doing with their abilities?

message 8: by Jean (new)

Jean Edwards | 4 comments The girl who ran by Nikki Owen, and there’s another book before this called

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean Edwards | 4 comments Called The Killing Files

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36551 comments Mod
The Girl Who Ran and The Killing Files by Nikki Owen - Jean's suggestion

message 11: by Kell I Am (new)

Kell I Am | 187 comments Long shot, but maybe James Patterson's Maximum Ride series? I read them, but it has been quite a while ago, so I don't remember this particular scene, but maybe??

https://www.goodreads.com/series/4357...

message 12: by Shari (new)

Shari | 3 comments Is it The Adoration of Jenna Fox?

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36551 comments Mod
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson - Shari's suggestion

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Leigh, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 16: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3254 comments Pretty sure this is False Memory by Dan Krokos. Here's the bit with the vials:
I wrap my fingers around the back of his neck, pull him down to me. He kisses me softer than Noah. Goose bumps spring up along my arms and back. He opens his mouth and I pass the vial to him, slipping it in with my tongue. He pulls back the second he has it, but I find myself reluctant to let him go, moving forward to keep my mouth on his. Finally I pull back, lips burning, vial secured under my tongue. He looks as confused as I feel.

I found this via a copy on archive.org - https://archive.org/details/falsememo...

message 17: by lauren (new)

lauren | 1 comments this could be the roar by emma clayton? not sure though, i read it several years ago.

message 18: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1384 comments Link for Lauren's suggestion. The Roar by Emma Clayton.