Play Book Tag discussion

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
This topic is about Sapiens
Archive: Other Books > Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1663 comments Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
4 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! So. Much. Information. I love science and I love digging into why things are the way they are. I also love history so this book was right up my alley.

He starts with the beginning of 'humans' and the various Homo species, going into some theories as to why Sapiens became the only species. He described the movement of the humans across the globe. He went on to cover the creation and evolution of various subjects that makes our society what it is today (for instance: religion and capitalism)

I did get bogged down in a couple of places, I'm not sure if it was due to a particularly thick in theory and detail part of the book or because I was listening to the Audiobook on my commute into work and was tired.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I took a Biological Anthropology class in 2010 and loved it. Science and history work together so amazingly. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing.

message 3: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl  (cherylllr) I need to move this up my priority list, hearing so much good about it....

Jess Penhallow | 53 comments I've just read this after a lot of bugging from my boyfriend (who loved it!).

I think it started off really well but he came across a bit to opinionated at times.

Full review here

message 5: by Jgrace (new) - added it

Jgrace | 3112 comments Jess wrote: "I've just read this after a lot of bugging from my boyfriend (who loved it!).

I think it started off really well but he came across a bit to opinionated at times.

Full review here"

I thought he came off as opinionated and biased before I finished the first chapter. It's still on my kindle, but I'm not inspired to finish it.