Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Butlerian Jihad (Legends of Dune, #1)
This topic is about The Butlerian Jihad
Book Issues > Inaccuracies in french editions of Dune books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maxime (new)

Maxime Leandro (madmaxpt) | 2 comments I'd like to report an inacurracy in the french editions of the following two books :

The Butlerian Jihad
The Machine Crusade

The french editions titles have been reversed.

"The Butlerian Jihad" is "La guerre des machines" in french, and "The Machine Crusade" is "Le jihad butlérien".

But in Goodreads, "La guerre des machines" appears as the french edition of "The Machine Crusade" (La guerre des machines), and "Le jihad butlérien" appears as the french edition of "The Butlerian Jihad" (Dune, La Genèse, Tome 2, Le Jihad Butlérien)

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments FYI, the combine function is down for maintenance, and your request requires it to go through. If I were you, I'd bump this thread in a few hours (maybe tomorrow) to make sure it gets seen.

message 3: by Maxime (new)

Maxime Leandro (madmaxpt) | 2 comments Anybody ?

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Primaditta (primaditta) | 164 comments Fixed. :)

message 5: by Melaslithos (last edited Aug 01, 2014 06:50AM) (new)

Melaslithos | 1356 comments Hi,

Are you sure of what your saying? It would seem more logical to me as it is now.

I'm French, but I read Dune in English, so I won't be much help confirming/infirming this.

edit: Wikipedia confirms what you are saying. Weird that they inverted the titles in French...
Anyway, seems that someone took care of it.

edit 2: indeed, some editions are wrongly combined. I'm on it. Done. It should be all fixed now. Please tell if I've missed some.