a true crime book club. discussion

Off Topic Discussion > Good Judy Match Ups!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bianca (new)

Bianca  Dani Flores (danibinx) | 1 comments Let's be good Judys and discuss how insanely cool our books are! I'm 27, a school teacher, un married, and live in TX and I CAN NOT put down I'll be Gone in the Dark! Let's use this space to find ourselves a good Judy and a reading buddy. Peter is all about building a community. So let's do it! Feel free to follow and message me if you need a buddy. Let's build relationships through books!

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments Well, I’m your good Judy 😃. I literally went to my library and couldn’t one flipping book on the list. I asked to reserve a few so I maybe reading out of order but I won’t spoil any endings for you 😉. It’s great to have you as a reading buddy 🤗

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary King (maryk13) | 13 comments Great idea! I love cheering other people on and seeing what everyone is reading and reviewing. Definitely friend me - You can never have enough Good Judy’s ☀️

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "Well, I’m your good Judy 😃. I literally went to my library and couldn’t one flipping book on the list. I asked to reserve a few so I maybe reading out of order but I won’t spoil any endings for you..."

Does your library have access to overdrive? Ive found 2 of the 3 books on there.

message 5: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments Seconding Overdrive.

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments overdrive is great! my library also uses simplyE but haven’t tried it yet. i’m guessing it’s similar databases?

message 7: by Jessica (last edited May 15, 2018 04:37AM) (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments I'm all for making new friends so anyone can add me ☺️
I'm 27, married and a mom of 4. I'm a stay at home mom and homeschool. My favorite genre of books are suspense/thriller types, but I read a wide variety. I'm a criminal minds junkie and like to learn about serial killers and people to that extent just bc the psychological aspect of it really fascinates me. Anyway....add me if ya want.

message 8: by Tasha (new)

Tasha YaYa | 16 comments Look at all the Good Judy’s! I’m from Fort Worth, TX, no kids, only a dog who owns me. I’m a nanny to my own nieces, so it’s the best job in the world! As a kid I wanted to be a librarian. I worked in the library in junior high and high school, and would walk to the public library everyday after school. I loved books so much, that when I would get in trouble, my punishment was no books for a week and I had to socialize at the youth center. If I was really bad, I’d have to go to the dance. CRINGE! LOL As an adult, I haven’t been able to read a book in many years without falling asleep. When Peter WoofDaddy Monn started this book club I was desperately hoping the books would be on audio. I’m so grateful most of these are!

message 9: by Michelle (last edited May 15, 2018 12:09PM) (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) Everyone should add me. I'm the goodest judy. I like seeing other people reading the bookclub books in my feed. Here in Fabulous Las Vegas.

Are you guys liking I'll Be Gone in the Dark? It's hard to read at night unless I'm at my bf's house. Because I live alone, so....

I love how the Golden State Killer is outed as having a small penis. I hope that's not a spoiler? I mean, we all could've already guessed.

message 10: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments Hi, Michelle -- I'm Michelle. :) And the author of the book is Michelle McNamara. We rule.

I think that few guys would be thrilled at knowing thousands of people associate them with a small penis. I mean, he can't help it and it's the least of what he deserves to be taken to task for, but I'm sure it's embarrassing for him.

Anyhow, I live in a small town in Northern Minnesota, and I own a restaurant. My main thing in life, besides reading and spending time with my husband, is animals.

Feel free, anyone, to friend me!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) Michelle wrote: "Hi, Michelle -- I'm Michelle. :) And the author of the book is Michelle McNamara. We rule.

I think that few guys would be thrilled at knowing thousands of people associate them with a small penis..."

Hi, Michelle!

I've been thinking, since he's still alive, what if this hot new book that everyone is reading has him puffed up like a peacock & feeling glorified? Well, hopefully this one "tiny" detail will ruin it for him.

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments Hello fellow Good Judys! I live in Brooklyn NY and just finished my college undergrad in History at the ripe age of 38. I've got a husband, a cat, a new career move archiving in a museum, and grad school coming up in 2019. I love reading and welcome anyone who wants to add me here! I love looking at what other people are reading and am always looking to up my yearly reading challenge! Thanks to Peter for creating this awesome group!

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments There's probably going to be a lot more books now that he's been caught.

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments Jessica, what did I miss about Peter getting caught for something? I guess I don’t understand what’s going on.

message 15: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments haha they mean the GSK , since the book we’re all reading was compiled and released before his capture. :)

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments Lol yeah I was talking about the GSK.

message 17: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments I'm up for any friendships. Can never find enough reader friends. I'm 31, married with a senior Maine Coon tabby and 3 year old Blue Heeler. I'm a full time graphic designer (freelance now) and unpublished author of YA Contemporary and Horror/Thriller.

My favorite genres are YA & Horror, though I'll give most genres a try. I'm starting to get into Mystery, Thriller, and True Crime as well. Classics and Children's Books are often on my reading schedule as well. I'm a huge fan of V.C. Andrews, Stephen King, R.L. Stine, Laurie Halse Anderson, and Ray Bradbury.

message 18: by Eva (new)

Eva Mato | 9 comments Hi, my name is Eva and I would love to add you, but most of the books I read are in Spanish, so I don't know if you would even want to see my feed.
I'm 35 years old, I live in Spain and I'm a ceramist, but right now I'm working in an office. I love to read, I don't care much about the genre, but I do prefer mistery, thriller and fantasy.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) I still want to see your feed, Eva. My family is Mexican, and I'm not as good at Spanish as I should be, but I'm okay.

message 20: by Mel (last edited May 17, 2018 11:33AM) (new)

Hey ya'll. Im Mel -- 34, married to the love of my life, with 2 doggos (Bonnie & Clyde). Bonnie is a border collie and Clyde is a German Shorthaired Pointer. We live in AZ.

I like to read and crochet -- Im working on getting a business up and running but right now it's a side hustle. If anyone is interested, let me know. Ill give you a Good Judy price. :D

message 21: by Mel (new)

J.N. wrote: "I'm up for any friendships. Can never find enough reader friends. I'm 31, married with a senior Maine Coon tabby and 3 year old Blue Heeler. I'm a full time graphic designer (freelance now) and unp..."

My in laws have a red heeler and Ive ALWAYS wanted a blue one. <333333333333333

message 22: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I'm Savannah from Ia. I just recently (in April) turned 21!

I like reading Science Fiction/Dystopian, YA and some others. I have
an associates in Science (Biology and Chemistry emphasis). I took
this last semester off school but am planning on going back in the
Fall for a Bachelor's in Biology, to eventually get a Public
Health/Epidemiology degree!

message 23: by Mel (new)

Savannah wrote: "I'm Savannah from Ia. I just recently (in April) turned 21!

an associates in Science (Biology and Chemistry emphasis). I too..."

That's super impressive!

message 24: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Mel wrote: "Savannah wrote: "I'm Savannah from Ia. I just recently (in April) turned 21!

an associates in Science (Biology and Chemistry..."

Thank you :D

Regina Scarborough | 1 comments I’ll be your good Judy! I’m almost 52 and live near Houston. My husband and I have a short hair dapple dachshund who rules!! I have loved to read my whole life and so do my girls, so I passed that along to them. I read just about anything... from romance to contemporary to thrillers and suspense. I love scientific fiction and comedic fiction as well ( think Janet evanovich). I like to read to escape... not to think too hard. I also love photography and cooking and walking and yoga. So add me as your goodreads buddy or reach out! So excited for Peters book club.

message 26: by Sharyn (new)

Sharyn | 2 comments I found it hard reading I’ll be gone in the dark at 1st not half way through yet .... I’m locking all the doors !
Is anyone else reading it ? Doesn’t seem many ? Peter hasn’t really mentioned it either? Xxx

message 27: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I need to pick it up from the library, so I probably won't get to it until next week

message 28: by Eva (new)

Eva Mato | 9 comments Eva wrote: "Hi, my name is Eva and I would love to add you, but most of the books I read are in Spanish, so I don't know if you would even want to see my feed.
I'm 35 years old, I live in Spain and I'm a cera..."

Thank you Michelle! It doesn't matter if you don't read in Spanish, most of the books I read are translations anyways, so you will find them in English too

LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone | 30 comments Hi, I will be anyone's good Judy! I can never have enough bookish friends and really don't have any real life bookish friends. I live in SW Michigan with my hubby, my princess Gigi a Jackabee doggy and her two kitty brothers Boo a grey tabby and Frosbite a super fat snuggle baby that thinks he is a tiny kitten still! I love all kinds of books and read just about anything. The only genre of books I just have never been able to get into are westerns. I read a lot of fairy tale retellings,fanatsy & dystopia & noir/mystery/thrillers! So yeah...everything!! Anyone who wants to friend me please feel free!

message 30: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Mel wrote: "J.N. wrote: "I'm up for any friendships. Can never find enough reader friends. I'm 31, married with a senior Maine Coon tabby and 3 year old Blue Heeler. I'm a full time graphic designer (freelance..."

Ours is really dark and huge (60 pounds!). He was the runt haha. The reds are pretty. There's some absolute cuties on Instagram!

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments Hi everyone! I'm open to being friends with any and everyone! I'm a medical student right now (halfway through my second year), so I don't get to read as much as I would like, but I truly love it. My favorite genres are horror, thriller, true crime, historical fiction, some romances, etc. (pretty much everything except sci-fi or westerns). Have a great day, and feel free to add me if you would like to! :)

message 32: by Fela (new)

Fela Velez (islandandbooks) | 5 comments Hi everyone!! I recently moved from PR to Rochester NY. So I'm open to be and have many good Judy's. Especially here you all seem awesome 💙. I have 2 grown daughters, a husband and 2 dogs. I enjoy reading almost anything. But if I have to choose a favorite it's between romance and mysteries. I'm always open for reading discussions and suggestions.

message 33: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (zummibear) | 6 comments Hello everyone :) I'm 38 years old and currently work as a director of a child care center. I like a wide variety of books and willing to try almost any genre. I look forward to getting to know other bookish friends.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments hi, everyone! I'm Sarah, an English major getting ready to start her third year of college. books are my passion, and I'm always willing to be somebody's good Judy! I just feel bad because I have a hard time reaching out sometimes.

message 35: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments Is there a way to see a YouNow event after the fact?

message 36: by Hollie (new)

Hollie | 9 comments Michelle wrote: "Is there a way to see a YouNow event after the fact?"

if i remember correctly, you have to be "Subscribed" to them on there.

message 37: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments Thanks, Hollie! Had to be at my business today, and couldn't make it! :)

message 38: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcneal | 22 comments I’m so excited about the Good Judy’s. I’m Sandy from TN in my 40’s and read any and everything. Feel free to friend me. I missed this last book everyone is referencing but will have to pick it up on audible. I have a considerable drive to work so listening is my best way to read these days. I’m reading Stephen Kong’s new book right now and plan to move to Peter’s next club selection with everyone.

message 39: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments Hi I'm Laura aka mom2triplets04. I'm a wife and mother of G/B/G teenage triplets. We also own a shih tzu dog Daisy. I'm 48 and have a book tube channel. I don't know what a good Judy is but my mom's name is Judy lol. I read everything from middle grade to adult erotica. I mainly like fiction but read nonfiction from time to time as well. I enjoy reading and journaling.

message 40: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Beerman | 2 comments Just curious. Anyone else listen to Peter's videos in the background while browsing his book club's discussions?

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments Sandy wrote: "I’m so excited about the Good Judy’s. I’m Sandy from TN in my 40’s and read any and everything. Feel free to friend me. I missed this last book everyone is referencing but will have to pick it up o..."

I'm from TN too! :) And a Stephen King fan!

message 42: by Ceci (new)

Ceci Hi! I'm Lia from California. I love reading horror, true crime and mysteries. Everyone is welcome to add and message me :D

message 43: by Jess (new)

Jess Thomas | 1 comments Hey everyone Im Jess I'm from Western Australia and im 25 :) i have a gorgeous 5 year old daughter and currently unemployed and looking for work. So with all my free time i LOVE to read, mostly thrillers! And im a big big fan of Peter and all his youtube channels.

message 44: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 1 comments Hi all. I’m Brenda in NC. I love sitting on the beach and reading a good book! Feel free to friend me and I am so glad I am part of this book club!!

message 45: by Mandee (new)

Mandee Lei (mandeelei) Hello everyone! I'm Mandee, 31 years old and from Arizona where I live with my partner and our tabby cat. I read a bit of everything - YA, adult contemporary, thrillers, mystery and horror are my favorites. But I will try just about anything. I love using the Libby app to get e-books and Audiobooks in addition to always reading at least 1 physical copy and using Audible here and there as well. I usually read 3 books (1 ebook/1 audio book/1 physical book) so I always have something for my mood. I work from home and in my free-time, other than reading of course, I love photography especially food photography. I am a huge YouTube fan and spend way too long on there. Peter is one of my long-time favorites, he always makes me laugh. I just wish I had a good judy like him to go to the Chinese buffet with! Feel free to add me, I am always looking for new friends :)

message 46: by Peter (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
I cannot even begin to tell you how much this specific thread warms my heart.

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments Peter wrote: "I cannot even begin to tell you how much this specific thread warms my heart."

Thank you for starting this club, Peter! <3

message 48: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 2 comments Hi All,
I love the idea of having "Good Judy's" who doesn't need more of them? I'm Jamie, I'm 42 years old and live in NYC. I read a little of this, and a little of that; and right now a ton of books from my TBR list! My list of books to read is always out pacing my ability to devour them!! I like physical books, ebooks, and audible books. I stumbled on Peter's main channel which lead to his book tube channel and my first intro to "booktube" as a thing! Thanks Peter!

message 49: by Mel (new)

Mandee wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm Mandee, 31 years old and from Arizona where I live with my partner and our tabby cat. I read a bit of everything - YA, adult contemporary, thrillers, mystery and horror are my f..."

What part of AZ?? Im in Mesa!

message 50: by Mandee (new)

Mandee Lei (mandeelei) Mel wrote: "Mandee wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm Mandee, 31 years old and from Arizona where I live with my partner and our tabby cat. I read a bit of everything - YA, adult contemporary, thrillers, mystery and ..."

That's so cool Mel! I am up in North Phoenix near Anthem area.

« previous 1