Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Book Cover Problems

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 51 comments Hi this relates to two of my books.

I managed to change most of the book covers with the exception of two books. Firstly Little Guide To Unhip

Little Guide to Unhip

It wouldn't let me change from the original - maybe because I authored it under K.J.Rigby then but the many editions since then have dispensed with the initials. Plus it was updated in 2013 but that shouldn't matter. I would like the latest cover and author name Kate Rigby

Secondly Down The Tubes

Down The Tubes

It kept coming up with an error message every time I tried to upload the photo. The image is quite large but then so were some of the others. The image there at the moment is the previous one but I want the latest one. Thanks

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 51 comments I've managed to do Down The Tubes by resizing the image - now it's just Little Guide To Unhip.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25013 comments Author name change on Unhip reverted. Books must retain the name under which they were originally published. The new name can appear as a secondary author.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 51 comments As author of this book I can decide to dispense with initials and use my first name instead, surely. I would like the following cover (the latest) showing in searches. Thank you

Little Guide to Unhip by K.J. Rigby

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments Kate, you can't change the name of the original name it was published under, however you can decide which edition you want as the default - which shows in searches etc. Follow the instructions in msg #4.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Kate (last edited May 14, 2018 04:47AM) (new)

Kate | 51 comments Sandra, there is no option to make this the primary edition, I have tried. It was there with all there other books but not this one and I think it's to do with the author name

Message I get is "Sorry, this book could not be set as the work's primary edition" :(

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments In that case you need to contact support & ask them to make that edition the default.

I've added K.J. Rigby as the primary author as that is GR Policy. They'll understand that the primary author is the original name and as you've claimed your full name, you don't have access to the inital name :)

support @ goodreads (dot) com
or
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate | 51 comments OK, thanks - I'll get on to them!