Play Book Tag discussion

The Thirteen Problems
This topic is about The Thirteen Problems
Archive: Other Books > The Thirteen Problems / Agatha Christie. 2.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 9055 comments 2.5 stars

This consists of short stories, but joined together by way of a group of friends, including Miss Marple, who gather to tell mysteries and try to solve them.

I still like the character of Miss Marple, but short stories are not my thing. I’m coming to learn that Agatha Christie isn’t really my thing, either. I actually liked the interactions between the friends, but my mysteries themselves weren’t very interesting. Unfortunately, my mind wandered throughout most of them.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5155 comments LibraryCin wrote: "I’m coming to learn that Agatha Christie isn’t really my thing, either. I actually liked the interactions between the friends, but my mysteries themselves weren’t very interesting..."

Christie wrote so much that a lot of them felt like they were written for the check. You have to wade through several mediocre books to find the gems. And with people's different tastes, my favorites may not match others'. But my favorites are well worth it. She was my first introduction to the adult mystery genre after Nancy Drew and The Three Investigators, and she got me hooked.

Of her short stories, my favorites were The Labours of Hercules and The Mysterious Mr. Quin.

LibraryCin | 9055 comments Anna, that makes sense. Short stories are already harder for me to "get into", anyway.