What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance, Girl in her Shift climbs a tree to get a cat for kids, future husband rides by to see her being anything but ladylike

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan Kent  | 5 comments It was a highland (maybe Irish lands....) but I remember it was more in the medieval time, Romance. I remember it being about this girl, who was to get married, but she was a bit of a wild thing, at one point in the book she had climbed up a tree in her undergarments (shift) to fetch a cat I think for some kids, and ended up getting stuck I think, but some how at that moment that she was up in the tree being most unlady like, the man she is to marry rides up on his horse, and of course at that moment they don't know the other is the person they are marrying. He makes a joke at her, she says she had done this before and can handle things and then I think she fell out of the tree... not 100% on that part.

I read the book about 4-5 years ago, but it had been out for a while I believe. Wasn't new, was at the library. It was Romance, I can't remember if it was Highlands or Irish... but for sure had the gal in stockings and a shift, so sometime in the medieval times.

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments When You Wish Upon a Duke by Isabella Bradford has a scene where the hero and heroine (who are supposed to marry) meet for the first time when she has climbed a tree in order to save her sister's cat and she ends up falling from the tree (on the hero, I think). During that scene, the hero glimpses the heroine's scarlet stays.

The book is not set in medieval times, though, but in the Georgian era, and the main couple is English instead of Scottish or Irish, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. It's a free bump, anyway.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Kent  | 5 comments Annamariah wrote: "When You Wish Upon a Duke by Isabella Bradford has a scene where the hero and heroine (who are supposed to marry) meet for the first time when she has climbed a tree in order to sav..."

No, I purchased the book, and read a few chapters. It isn't pinging my memory. But so far a good read, so I will keep reading it haha. But I do appreciate the help!

message 4: by Ronnie~ (new)

Ronnie~ (ronixwritesofficial) | 5 comments Why does it sound somewhat similar, in a way. The webtoon, "Miss Abbott and the Doctor" I know what you're referring to is a book but couldn't help it based on your description.

message 5: by ssetayf (new)

ssetayf ssetayf | 42 comments I think this book, you are looking; Highland Warrior (Campbell Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty Highland Warrior by Monica McCarty

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Highland Warrior by Monica McCarty - ssetayf's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Udy... There are different cover images.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40689 comments Mod
Megan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?