desara (desarathebooknerd) | 920 comments Mod
I am working on
a short story anthology
a poetry anthology
two novels
and I'm in the middle of outlining another one

message 3: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 1170 comments Mod
I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm getting ready to selfpublish as a ebook online (it's finished, I just have to finish getting it ready for publication)

And I'm editing and revising my scifi YA novel (I plan to selfpublish it this year as well)

message 4: by desara (new)

BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm getting ready to selfpublish as a ebook online (it's finished, I just..."

Cool, I'm planning to self-publish my own main novel sometime this year too

message 5: by LaNona (new)

Desara wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm getting ready to selfpublish as a ebook onli..."

Awesome!! :D

message 6: by desara (new)

Desara wrote: "If you agree, we can become beta readers for each other..."

If you want, we could become beta readers for each other

message 7: by LaNona (new)

I can't believe I missed your comment, I'm sorry! It didn't show in my notifications

Maybe we could beta read for each other another time, but currently I'm almost done with my scifi novel and already have that part covered actually :(

message 8: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm getting ready to selfpublish as a ebook online (it's finished, I just..."

Be sure to let me know when it comes out!

message 9: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm getting ready to selfpublish as a ebook onli..."

I will! :)

message 10: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "Addison wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm getting ready to selfpublish..."

I have an excellent Book Cover service (very reasonable) that I can recommend, if you need one --when you get to that point. Also, another that has a wide selection.

message 11: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "Addison wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I'm world building with a friend for a fantasy book series (but it's a really slow process)

I have a poetry anthology that I'm get..."

Oh, thank you! I actually already have my cover made, I used Canva's free book cover creator!

message 12: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments Working on Chapter 14 of Guarded Crown, the last in the series, although I already have the last two chapters written. Then I'll let it rest while I catch up on some of my reading, before I go back to rewrite.

message 13: by LaNona (new)

Eek, I can't wait!! :D So excited!!
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments LOL, thanks for the encouragement. These last chapters are the hardest yet--having to tie up all the loose ends, building towards the climax, etc. I keep having to take a lot of breaks with this (which is why I'm here on GR AGAIN, instead of back to the chapter writing it). I'll be glad when the rough draft is done.

And of course, I just came up with yet another novel storyline that I want to put down on paper. A reimagining of the Little Princess. Man, just can't get off this carousel!

message 15: by LaNona (new)

Oh boy, I know what that's like lol.
Procrastination might as well be my middle name, and having new story ideas that sound amazing do not help!

message 16: by LaNona (new)

Does anyone else find themselves writing in a genre that they never thought they would be writing in or even good at??

Like I love to read fantasy and sci-fi books, even though I'll read just about any genre, but I never thought I'd write a book in those genres. I thought I'd be writing contemporary or horror, and I tried but it just didn't work out. My novel-in-progress is a sci-fi and I was so surprised (still kinda am too) about how it just flew off the page for me!
(I'm also really hoping no one ever finds those attempted horror stories!)

message 17: by desara (new)

hahahahaha, i personally don’t know why MY writing genre is yet but I think my writings like my reading, very versatile

message 18: by LaNona (new)

ahh that makes sense!

message 19: by desara (new)

yeah lol! i currently have no idea what the story i want to write is you know

message 20: by LaNona (new)

Sometimes I just start writing short stories of characters I can picture perfectly in my head, because I can't picture the story at all but I can picture the character. So I just start trying to place them, sometimes they turn into really good ideas for books and sometimes they have to get scrapped quickly lol!

message 21: by desara (new)

Lol! Thank you so much for the help!