Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Fantasy novel 90k seeking beta

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (last edited Aug 22, 2018 05:39AM) (new)

Paul F | 18 comments Hi gang! I am desperately seeking a beta reader for my novel. I've had my ups and downs with this one and every time I try to move on it calls me back. I've revised and re-read many times and have had a few family members read it, but I want an honest opinion from a 'stranger'. It can be a first chapter, 50 pages or the whole novel if you like.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling and toss my current query out there to see if it hook's anyone and thanks in advance!!

The Warrior's Crown

Eighteen-year-old Adira never imagined herself a hero, much less a savior of the kingdom, but she found herself in the middle of a dark war nonetheless. After learning that an evil entity, thought to have been banished generations ago, has resurfaced, she finds herself targeted for death, just for knowing of its return.

Forced to flee her home after her adoptive father is killed by men who pledged their allegiance to the entity, Adira vows revenge.

Seeking refuge at a faraway outpost, Adira hones her fighting skills alongside well-trained soldiers. When an ageless and powerful Seer arrives, Adira finally decides to reveal what she knows. This knowledge, coupled with a shocking revelation about her adoptive father, convinces the Seer that Adira may be the key to stopping the evil from spreading across the land.

As Adira seeks her own personal revenge while fighting alongside new friends to defend the kingdom, a conspiracy begins to unravel that could lead to death for everyone. The entity’s true motives come to light and Adira learns that the only chance for victory may be by sacrificing her own life.

THE WARRIOR’S CROWN is a Young Adult fantasy novel with series potential, complete at 90,000 words. It may appeal to readers of Joe Abercrombie’s First Law series.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 3 comments Hi,

I would be interested in reading this novel and giving you my opinion on it.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul F | 18 comments Excellent! Where would you like me to send it?

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 3 comments I've sent you a direct message on here with the details.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul F | 18 comments Rather than create a new post, I will just add a comment here that I am still looking for beta readers. Please read the first post above and let me know if you are interested!

message 6: by H.L. (new)

H.L. Karhoff (hlkarhoff) | 1 comments Hi. I am interested in beta reading for you. I will direct message with my contact information.

message 7: by Paul (last edited Aug 22, 2018 05:51AM) (new)

Paul F | 18 comments I'm once again looking for beta readers for this novel. I'm hoping it catches someone's attention who is interested in a good fantasy from a budding author trying to wade through the murky waters of becoming published. Post #1 includes my current query and thanks in advance to any that are interested and I look forward to hearing from you!