LGBTQ+ Talks discussion

2018 Topics > June: LGBTQ+ Pride

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (Pucksandpaperbacks) (last edited May 14, 2018 06:33PM) (new)

Alex (Pucksandpaperbacks) (pucksandpaperbacks) | 7 comments Mod
June is Pride month! So, we are starting off the first topic all about PRIDE. You can talk about anything you want! It just has to pertain to the topic of PRIDE.

Here are some questions you can answer in your blog post or video/other. You don't have to answer these but you can if you want! Add your links here so everyone can see each others!

Q: Have you ever been to Pride? Why are you proud of your sexuality? Or Did you struggle with finding pride in yourself and your sexuality?
^Feel free to add to the questions. These are just starters! You could also do post or video if you are from the book community :)

message 2: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) Pride is something that I've only recently started finding in my own sexuality. I've known that I was queer since I was about 16 but honestly never really embraced it fully.

While I have had plenty of friends who have known that I had casually dated/seen girls as well as guys throughout early adulthood, it honestly wasn't until I started seriously dating my current boyfriend that I felt completely comfortable with who I was sexually. Despite being in a M/F relationship, he was the first person who asked me about it and talked to me in a way in which my identity felt completely valid and not just a sexual interest (i.e. I like making out with girls and that's it).

I have still struggled with coming out to my family, because while I think they would accept it, I honestly don't think they would take it seriously at all, thinking that it didn't matter anyway because I'm in a serious M/F relationship. I don't think I want to get into that feeling of invalidation again.

message 3: by Alex (Pucksandpaperbacks) (last edited May 14, 2018 06:31PM) (new)

Becca (becandbones) wrote: "Pride is something that I've only recently started finding in my own sexuality. I've known that I was queer since I was about 16 but honestly never really embraced it fully.

While I have had plen..."

Thank you for your post, Becca! That is awesome that you have a partner who is accepting of your sexuality :) Please feel free to make another post in June about pride on your blog! This discussion is to add our links :)

Here's my video for the month!! I went to pride and filmed and I also talk about my experience and how I am feeling post-coming out!
https://youtu.be/J25TWIaRZ3M