What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Siberia
This topic is about Siberia
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/young adult or middle grade, sci fi/alternate future. Animal DNA strands must be protected. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meagan (last edited May 20, 2018 07:00AM) (new) - added it

Meagan (_meggo) | 5 comments Girl is entrusted with a "lundquist kit" or something similar from her dad - it contains animal DNA strands (*wavy hands science*) and she has to flee her home protecting it. The cover may have had some red on it (either spine or text) on the edition I read? This is unfortunately all I can recall. I read a softcover copy between 2007-2009 and I think it was recent to that time. Published in English, in US, I read it in North Carolina. I believe the author was female.

I'll update here if I can remember any more info!

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 14, 2018 10:43AM) (new)

Kris | 36565 comments Mod
Meagan, what's the time period and location?

Where are her parents? What are their jobs?

Does the girl have special skills or powers?

message 3: by Meagan (new) - added it

Meagan (_meggo) | 5 comments If I recall correctly, the time period was near future.
I believe her mother had died prior to the start of the narrative. Her father, or a father-like figure, was alive and trying to escape with her.

I can't recall if the girl had any specific powers, other than being able to understand and unlock the DNA kit sci-fi device thing.

message 4: by Meagan (last edited May 20, 2018 06:59AM) (new) - added it

Meagan (_meggo) | 5 comments The father was a scientist. The mother was not in the picture - referenced but not alive/around the girl.

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Siberia maybe?

message 6: by Meagan (new) - added it

Meagan (_meggo) | 5 comments you found it! thank you!! it looks like I had a few key elements scrambled through the lens of time but I definitely remember the cover!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Siberia (other topics)