The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Wrath of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #2)
This topic is about Wrath of Empire
Powder Mage > WoE: First Impressions (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
In an effort to reduce the number of threads, I'm combining the normal General Discussion thread with the initial discussion thread.

Who else is planning to read this? How many spoiler threads do we want?

I'll be starting late most likely since I still have about 9 hours left in my current book, but I'll be starting this right after. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I'm reading this for sure! hmmm...Maybe a midway spoiler thread and an end one?

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suzanne wrote: "I'm reading this for sure! hmmm...Maybe a midway spoiler thread and an end one?"

That works for me

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) I will be reading this one soon. (finishing New York 2140 as part of my Hugos reading goal).
Will hopefully meet him soon, as he will be in the UK for the first time for some book signings (a bit of a trek, but should be worth it).

Happy for a couple of threads, as i generally read/listen captivated, then remember to write comments here.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nice Richard! I've been bad about traveling to meet authors, so I've only met a few so far.

Suzanne | 1582 comments What a fun time to get to meet him - with the new book out! That is great!

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) Rarely happens. As it is London Comic Con - there a plenty of other authors as well (plus the usual celebs, including Felicia Day this time).

Suzanne | 1582 comments I hope you have a fun time.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1177 comments I'm out - too many other books on the go right now.

message 10: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments I'm in - I have it in ebook and audio. Now to remember the plot of the last book - something about relics and gods?

message 11: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha. I just started this morning and I'm thinking the same thing. I vaguely recall the characters and that's it.

message 12: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky Corbelli | 288 comments I just started the first book, depending on traffic maybe I'll catch up before you guys finish.

message 13: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky wrote: "I just started the first book, depending on traffic maybe I'll catch up before you guys finish."

Cool. Enjoy. I think this series is even better than his original.

The threads will still be here if you jump in late

Suzanne | 1582 comments I listened to the first book in pretty much one or two sittings on a long trip. I still remember where I was at certain points in the story.

message 15: by Liam (new) - added it

Liam Johnstone (hadaad) | 383 comments I'm about halfway through. I think McClellan just keeps getting better.