What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Girl working on house renovations, spirit possesses friend, dog called grey....??

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments Hi guys,
Im looking for this book i read about 9 years ago and iv had no luck finding so far.

I dont remember the author but i think the name possibly had the word 'wood' in it maybe it was 'weirdwood/weirwood/werewood' something like that.
In the plot, a girl goes with her school/some kind of group to an old mansion to help renovate it. The renovations open up a room which belonged to a girl the same age as the protagonist, who drowned, resulting in her parents boarding up the room. There is a dog called 'grey' which belonged to the dead girl. The dead girls spirit starts possessing one of the friends of the protagonist, i think her name night have started with S. Coming to the end of their time working on the house there is a ball and the girl, S, gets fully possessed and goes down to the sea where she almost drowns again but this time is saved by the dog. The dog, which belonged to the girl who died has redeemed itself and i think it returns to the dead girl now.

Its a teen, older children type book and i read it when i was 10. Any help finding it would be greatly appreciated because this is driving me crazy!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Lisa, do you remember anything about the cover?

Was this more of a horror, mystery, suspense, etc?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Lisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Lisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.