Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Complete Science Fiction 75k Words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (last edited May 12, 2018 09:27AM) (new)

Adam Grzesiczak (5vqdbux6s38fytx5m6vsztzpuufpwzey) Hi
I'm looking for beta readers for a completed science fiction novel 75k words. This is my first ever written book. Please send me a direct message with your email address and what format I should send the draft.

“The Bar Where Nothing Works” – blurb.

When Shan discovered the least expected truth about himself, he decided to leave the stability of his space garage and find his biological grandfather. But travelling on your own through sectors of the destroyed galaxy is risky. Shan in pursuit of finding out the truth will confront a host of unexpected events and adventures that force him to use his creativity on least expected problems. From quantum showers to black hole fridge and from crazy cousin to tyrant King. To survive, he will have to overcome his trust issues, lose his friend Eli and find her again to finally meet his real family.

I'm generally looking for below:

Are there enough descriptions and show don't tell? (I prefer fewer descriptions).
Does any part of the story drag?
Are there parts that you skipped?

Does one scene lead logically to the next?
Do the scenes flow smoothly from one action to the next, or did they jump as though something was skipped?

Did you have to reread any part of the book/action sequences to understand who was doing what?

General feedback on dialogues.

General feedback on characters.

Any other feedback much appreciated :)

Adam

edit: added blurb

message 2: by Dorothyeross (new)

Dorothyeross | 39 comments Hi Adam, Can you tell us a bit more about what the book is about, or do you have a blurb available?

Dorothy

message 3: by Adam (last edited May 12, 2018 09:41AM) (new)

Adam Grzesiczak (5vqdbux6s38fytx5m6vsztzpuufpwzey) Dorothyeross wrote: "Hi Adam, Can you tell us a bit more about what the book is about, or do you have a blurb available?

Dorothy"

Added :) Although I might need to change the blurb as it doesn't show the other things happening in this book...

message 4: by Dorothyeross (new)

Dorothyeross | 39 comments Hi Adam,

Thanks for the blurb. I would be interested in reading. The best way to contact me is email me directly dorothyeross@juno.com.

Thanks!
Dorothy