What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Native American hunting (stag or wolf) set in winter. Short novel.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Barraclough | 13 comments Hi,
I've been racking my brains for the last few days trying to remember the title of a book I read in the 80s. It was a short novel about a young Native American boy/young man with a 'rites of passage' theme. He was hunting in the woods in winter. I think the name of the author was Tim something-or-other, but I'm not sure. At the end it briefly mentioned the white men taking over and making people live on reservations. I know this is a very long shot but I would be grateful for any suggestions!
Chris

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36565 comments Mod
Christine, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40643 comments Mod
Possibly When The Legends Die? Here's a very extensive review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Barraclough | 13 comments I don't think this was the book, but thank you. If I remember rightly, it was about a boy on a hunt in winter time, trying to prove himself. I don't recall how the hunt ended but there was brief mention of white men and reservations at the end.

Again thanks

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36565 comments Mod
What type of animal(s) was the boy hunting?

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Barraclough | 13 comments I think it was a stag or a wolf. The setting was definitely the woods in winter. It was a fairly short book

message 7: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1226 comments This is just a guess: The Sparrow's Fall

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Barraclough | 13 comments Looks like the same kind of subject but I don't think it was it. The author may have been called Tim something. Thank you for your suggestion!

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40643 comments Mod
Chris, are you still looking for this or did you find it?