What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Sci-fi, read in 90s. Robot girl with one blue eye and one brown.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Divya (new)

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments The plot opens with a man who has created a female robot AI. He's had to use scrap parts so she has one blue eye and one brown. The first part takes place in New York maybe? I have an image of a scene where he is teaching her to stay away from certain parts of the sidewalk because they're for prostitutes?

The man finds himself attracted to her and, at one point, starts to paw at her and take off her clothes but she doesn't understand. He stops himself and, horrified of what he almost did, tells her she needs to leave him. She travels alone for a while.

In the last part of the book, there's another artificial intelligence, in a male body this time (who I think may have been made by the same guy who is now wealthy) and she teaches him about sex? Or they have sex. *shrugs*

I read it when I was quite young so my memories of it are hazy. Hopefully someone can help.

message 2: by Divya (new)

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments I still need help with this...

message 3: by Divya (new)

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments bump.

message 4: by David (new)

David (davidofterra) | 59 comments Divya,

Could this be Virtual Girl by Amy Thomson? The android girl has one green eye and one blue eye.

message 5: by Divya (new)

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments David wrote: "Divya,

Could this be Virtual Girl by Amy Thomson? The android girl has one green eye and one blue eye."

Hmm...maybe. The summary sounds like it might be but it's also a bit light on detail. I will have to check it out.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Divya let us know if that is the book please. And if it isn't, see if you can figure out what is different between this one and your book.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Bump.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Divya, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Virtual Girl (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amy Thomson (other topics)