What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Coming of age fiction book set in the 60s or 70s, main character female. I read in late 90's early 00s. Book has tye die cover.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 6 comments I, unfortunately, cannot remember much of the plot. I checked this book out of the library when I was in high school (98-02), and it has always remained in my brain. I remember that the book had a vibrantly colored tie dye cover, in yellows and oranges and maybe pinks. Heroine was a teenager herself, a coming of age novel. Please help!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Do you remember if it was YA or adult fiction?

message 3: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Can you remember anything about the book other than the cover (since covers often change with editions of the book) -- any detail that would distinguish it from the tens of thousands of other COA novels about teen females that were released in the same timeframe?

Drugs? First period? Weight loss? First boyfriend? Mental illness? New in town? Cancer? Scoliosis? Divorcing parents? Pregnancy? Problem siblings? Starting a restaurant?

message 4: by Rene (new)

Rene | 14 comments Debbie wrote: "I, unfortunately, cannot remember much of the plot. I checked this book out of the library when I was in high school (98-02), and it has always remained in my brain. I remember that the book had a ..."

Possibly this book?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

The original cover was more psychedelic.

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Maybe: Long Time Passing by Linda Crew?

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Or, Come in from the Cold - has a girl wearing tie-dye t-shirt on cover.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Debbie?

message 8: by Rene (new)

Rene | 14 comments Hi! This isn't Debbie.

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments One edition of Are You Experienced? has a similar cover.

Are You Experienced? by William Sutcliffe

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Daisy's suggestion looks even better!

Little Miss Strange by Joanna Rose

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 6 comments Daisy you may have found it!!! I just downloaded it to my Kindle so I'm going to read it and see! Thank you!!! I'll let you know if it's the same book. :)

message 13: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisyporter) | 922 comments Fingers crossed!

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele | 10 comments A signed, 1st edition is available on Thriftbooks (it had no tie-dye), as well as 2 others (1 with tie-dye). I don't work for them; it's a great place to search for old books.