Omnibus/OHC Graphic Novel Collectors discussion

Comic Reading Discussion > What are recent great Youtube Comic Book Channels you have discovered?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TheLastWord (last edited May 17, 2018 10:53AM) (new)

TheLastWord | 35 comments Per the topic wanted to know what Youtube channels people are following. I don't watch Youtube on the computer. I have a streaming box, so I can watch it via its dedicated streaming channel on Roku or Amazon Fire.

Here are a few I recommend:

SILVER AGED DAVE (best comic book room tours, and essntial info on insurance, budgeting, preserving your books, and generally enjoying your collection, along with great hauls)
EARL GREY (best coverage of European comics, as well as deep dives into select creators and genres)
MERCENAUT (very informative, and great selection of books to be on the lookout for)
GEM MINT (great coverage on Omibus and collected editions)
REGIE IFBBPRO (great hauls and stories, and passion for this hobby)
LEEKIRBYDITKO (hands down the best golden age coverage on Youtube, and recently become very interested in Golden Age)

To find any of their channels, just search for their channel name in Youtube.

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Riley | 129 comments Diversity and Comics

ComicAristPro Secrets

I Love Comics

Just Some Guy

Shaw James

Douglas Ernest

!*will post more later*

message 3: by Ooh_jim (new)

Ooh_jim | 251 comments Strip Panel Naked is an excellent look at what makes great comics great comics.

Fluffyroundabout | 202 comments Nerdventures was a solid channel tho he focuses on movie now
Other:
Comics guide 101
Omnidogs Vault
Joakim Comic Center
Gabe Infinity Watch
Near Mint Condition
Omnibuds Cafe
Omnibros Live
Ryleymo
The Hardcover Comic (Great Overviews)
Venom Hush

message 5: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Relstuart | 2923 comments Mod
I haven't heard of some of these. I'll have to check them out. :)

I have done searches for omnibus collections and things like that to check our people's shelves. If anyone has a shelf collection video they want to share I'd certainly watch it. :)

message 6: by Karsten (new)

Karsten Krieg | 129 comments So what about a Show your Shelves thread? I‘d watch those too, taking a lot of inspiration for my future purchases.

message 7: by TheLastWord (new)

TheLastWord | 35 comments Ooh_jim wrote: "Strip Panel Naked is an excellent look at what makes great comics great comics."

Thanks, have never heard of it. I'll check it out tonight.

message 8: by TheLastWord (new)

TheLastWord | 35 comments Fluffyroundabout wrote: "Nerdventures was a solid channel tho he focuses on movie now
Other:
Comics guide 101
Omnidogs Vault
Joakim Comic Center
Gabe Infinity Watch
Near Mint Condition
Omnibuds Cafe
Omnibros Live
Ryleymo ..."

Thanks Fluff, I watch all those as well. Except Hardcover Reviews, that is a new one to me. I'll check it out.

message 9: by TheLastWord (new)

TheLastWord | 35 comments Relstuart wrote: "I haven't heard of some of these. I'll have to check them out. :)

I have done searches for omnibus collections and things like that to check our people's shelves. If anyone has a shelf collection..."

Hey Rel two guys with rooms and room tours that impress me for completely different reasons: one is Gem Mint, just has every mainstream collected edition.

Also do a search for Silver Age Dave. He has no collected editions, but the original comics he has, including treasury sized ones will definitely impress, and if you are not careful set a fire in you, to buy some classic comics. :)

message 10: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Blindzider | 3251 comments Mod
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've only seen a few videos to look at collection rooms (more statue related than books) but now I've got a lot more to check out. I did take a minute to see the tour of GEM MINTs collection. Pretty impressive.

message 11: by Ooh_jim (new)

Ooh_jim | 251 comments TheLastWord wrote: "Ooh_jim wrote: "Strip Panel Naked is an excellent look at what makes great comics great comics."

Thanks, have never heard of it. I'll check it out tonight."

If you like Hassan's critical analyses of comics, he also edits an online magazine called Panel x Panel, which is well worth the subscription. On top of that, he and Kieran Schiach have a podcast where they dissect, discuss & review a single page of Watchmen each week.