Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > can i start over?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments HI,
My books are all messed up. Can I just delete all the books on my dashboard and re-ad them?

message 2: by Michael (last edited May 11, 2018 10:30PM) (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments It's better to edit the existing records and add correct details rather than delete and re-add. Please post the list of corrections required for your books and librarians here can assist you

message 3: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments Several of the covers are old covers and need to be replaced. I tried to add the How to Piss off a Dragon books and ended up with blank duplicates. And basically, just trying to get all of my books listed. I have a duplicate of Fae Dominance. The Blue cover is the correct one. All of the other Dia covers are old, or with my ex publisher. The dragon books covers are the old ones as well as Dear Diary. I also need to add new books.

message 4: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments Can I also add Realms and Rebels to my book list?

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments I'll start working on your duplicate listings first.

Please note that we do not delete out of print editions. See - https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

We do not delete old covers as users shelve the editions they have including matching covers. We create alternate-cover editions in such cases where ISBN/ASIN doesn't change but the cover does. This ensures that all covers are listed on GR. See - https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/8...

But as the author, you can choose which edition you would like to have as primary or default - that shows up on author page, book searches, etc. Here's how - https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 6: by Michael (last edited May 12, 2018 12:55AM) (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Completed the following -

1. Corrected your name on Realms and Rebels so that it's listed on your author page

2. Moved correct edition of Bad Girl to your page and merged the identical duplicate

3. Moved How to Piss Off a Dragon #3 to your page. Also added it to series as #3

4. Merged two duplicate blank editions of How to Piss Off a Dragon #1.

5. Moved How to Piss Off a Dragon Boxset to your page and added it to series.

6. Added paperback edition of How to Piss Off a Dragon #1 here. It still had the old cover on Amazon and I used the same. In case paperback was also released with a new cover, please create a new edition just like how you successfully did with Kindle

7. Moved The Story of Me paperback to your page and added cover from Amazon. Combined it with Kindle edition

8. Merged a blank duplicate of How to Piss Off a Dragon Boxset.

9. Merged two blank duplicates of How to Piss Off a Dragon #2. You can move the ASIN from old edition to new cover

10. Added cover from Amazon for Fae Dominance paperback edition

11. Found two identical editions of Fae Dominance. Separated, merged a duplicate and re-combined with other editions

message 7: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments can this be added to my list as well.. wont let me B07CBS259V

message 8: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments BTW, I really appreciate all the help. Maybe one day, I will get a clue on what I'm doing.

message 9: by Michael (last edited May 11, 2018 11:35PM) (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments I see you've created a new cover edition for B014V5BE6S. As per the new policy, you can remove this ASIN from original edition and add it to the edition you just created :)

Do you know when this edition was released with new cover?

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments To disambiguate authors with similar names, we uses extra spaces on Goodreads. Your name is listed as J.B.^^Miller where ^=space. This won't impact any searches - it's just for the system to identify which ones are yours and which ones belong to others.

I moved 3 books off this default single-space profile to yours. Are there any other books here that belong to you?

message 11: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments Michael wrote: "I see you've created a new cover edition for B014V5BE6S. As per the new policy, you can remove this ASIN from original edition and add it to the edition you just created :)

Do you know when this e..."

It was released this year. 2018

message 12: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 11 comments Michael wrote: "To disambiguate authors with similar names, we uses extra spaces on Goodreads. Your name is listed as J.B.^^Miller where ^=space. This won't impact any searches - it's just for the system to identi..."
None of those books are mine. Thank you again for your help.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments I think I finished all the necessary edits. Most of my changes are listed in message #6. It usually takes a few hours for the reviews/ratings to be attached to correct editions after combine/separate/merge process. If you see anything amiss with those, give it a couple of days for the system to sort everything.

If you need any other changes to be done, let us know