Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Readers for "The Calamari Code", an Agatha Pixie Mystery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LMG (new)

LMG Swain (lmgswain) | 3 comments I'm revamping my 2007 alternative world, anthropomorphic detective novel "The Calamari Code (An Agatha Pixie Mystery) and seeking beta readers.

Second revised addition publication date is Fall 2018.

Described as Lancelot Link meets Murder, She Wrote, this 244 page story is a romp through Zuopolis (also known as the Big Gaggle) and involves Agatha Pixie (a pixie bobcat), a best-selling mystery writer who moonlights as a detective.

Along with her faithful assistant, Shirley Dachshund, Agatha sets out to discover who stole the famous Oooma Lisa from the Zuopolis Metropolitan Museum of Art and replaced it with a forgery. She's also added by Arthur Conan Dales, Mickey Spiney, and Edgar Allan Crow.

Written with tongue firmly held in cheek, this tale is a parody of the pot-boiler detective mysteries of the 1930s and 40s, and is suitable for all ages.

Pure escapist fiction.

Yes, my book came out long before "Zootopia"; however, my story and characters are much better.

Cover is from the 2007 version and is found on Amazon, but the 2007 version is not purchasable.

The Calamari Code An Agatha Pixie Mystery by Larry, Mike Garmon

message 2: by Sharon D. (new)

Sharon D. (tossacoin) | 24 comments I'm willing to Beta-read it?
But it might take me a while until I can get to it, since I've got a few more things to read before.

message 3: by LMG (new)

LMG Swain (lmgswain) | 3 comments Sharon:

Thank you.

I can send you a hard copy or a pdf. I'd need feedback no later than end of August 2018.

Sincerely,

Mike

message 4: by Sharon D. (new)

Sharon D. (tossacoin) | 24 comments LMG wrote: "Sharon:

Thank you.

I can send you a hard copy or a pdf. I'd need feedback no later than end of August 2018.

Sincerely,

Mike"

Any of those would be fine for me~

I will definitely have it finished by August (probably even either this, or next month).