Beta Reader Group discussion

beta reader
This topic is about beta reader
Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Readers Needed for full New Adult Multicultural Romance manuscript

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Rogers | 3 comments Hello all!

I've been writing a romance manuscript for a little close to a year now mainly because it was the idea that grabbed the most. This is weird for me considering that I don't read a lot of romance novels so this will be my first dip into the genre. What I'm interested in are readers who love the genre.

I'm not sure if this is a disclaimer or not, but I feel like I have to confess that the story does contain some profanity, as well as some sexual and suicidal themes that are important to the story for a very specific reason.

As of now, the biggest issues I feel the manuscript might have are pacing and content related because the word count is much higher than I feel it should be considering the genre. The story is a slow burn, but I worry it might be too slow. I think I have a good handle on characterization, but some input on that wouldn't hurt either.

Anyone of any age or gender that feel like they know a good romance when they see one, please feel free to reach out for email swaps and we can further discuss.

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews (ireadergosum) | 2 comments I would love to help out, as I'm an avid romance reader (all types as you can see on my goodreads page)! Let me know.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Rogers | 3 comments Thanks for the offer! I'll private message you. 😊