All the Books! discussion

The Complete Sookie Stackhouse Stories (Sookie Stackhouse)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Buddy Reads > Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris → Start Date: May 1st, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 18, 2018 05:25AM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris One Word Answer (Sookie Stackhouse, #5.1) by Charlaine Harris Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris The Sookie Stackhouse Companion (Sookie Stackhouse, #10.5) by Charlaine Harris Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) by Charlaine Harris Home Improvement Undead Edition by Charlaine Harris Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13) by Charlaine Harris After Dead What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse, #13.5) by Charlaine Harris

Since we loved the first book so much, let's make this one a buddy read with the rest of the series!

message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'm 50% through in book 2 Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris

message 3: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Here I ammmm!

Still on book 1...

message 4: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Just finished book 2.

Time for book three! I actually own the book, got it at a library sale haha.

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I don't know how far into book 2 I am. I am listening to audio but a different app. It doesn't tell me how far I am or what I have left. It's weird.
Ok so in the beginning there is a murder now I have a question book vs show (view spoiler)

message 6: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I wish I could answer your question. Never watched the series.

message 7: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I might have to go back and watch the show again, but only after I get a few more books under my belt. Oh and I finished book 2! Book 3 is available! Yay library.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Yay! I'm on chapter 10 of book 3 and I already borrowed book 4 to be ready when I finish.

message 9: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
okay, finished book 3 last night. gonna finish book two of stephanie plum and then start book 4!

message 10: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments wow you are flying through this series!

message 11: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I know! I finally found a series that I don't have to wait for haha it's so easy to fly through when there's no holds and all the books are out.

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Okay, starting book 4 today!

message 13: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments So in the show Alcide is Joe Manganiello......yum. nice of him to finally show up in book 3.

message 14: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I know this sounds bad, but as of right now, I really would rather Sookie be with Alcide.

message 15: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments When I watched the show I always hoped it would be those 2! never been a fan of Bill.

message 16: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Even in book 4, I'm still not a fan of Bill.. but I'm not very far in so I may end up changing my mind at some point.

message 17: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Agreed. From what I remember I liked Alcide, too.

message 18: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 25, 2018 10:14AM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Okay this part is making me cringe.. (book 4)
(view spoiler)

Since so many want her now, I feel as though I need to judge and make a list who I like best for Sookie:
Alcide
Sam
Bill
Eric
Calvin

message 19: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I'm down with your list. She obviously needs a supernatural so that she can't listen in on their every thought.

message 20: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Yeah I definitely agree. Besides, all the humans in her town are pretty scummy anyway.

message 21: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 27, 2018 02:13PM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Alright. I've finished book four, Dead to the World today.

I also read A Touch of Dead **update! recommendation of only reading the first two novella stories in this book because there's more information you may spoil before reading books 5, 7 and 8.

message 22: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Sara, I was at a local bookstore today and there was a copy of these books in an omnibus. it was huge! It made me think of you since you go through them so quickly haha

message 23: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 27, 2018 02:11PM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Lindsay wrote: "Sara, I was at a local bookstore today and there was a copy of these books in an omnibus. it was huge! It made me think of you since you go through them so quickly haha"

Oh that'd be so nice! I bet it was huge, there's so many book in this series. I'm just lucky that my library actually doesn't have any of these books on a waitlist. Usually I'm stuck waiting months!

message 24: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments Just started book 4. I just can't catch up to Sara! Luckily my library seems to have these ready and waiting for me too.

If I skip the short stories in A Touch of dead will I miss anything important? I am not usually into the shorts.

message 25: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
That's okay Brandy! You're so ahead of me with Stephanie Plum! Plus I took a week off of reading, my parents came to town to visit so I haven't had much time to read.

message 26: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I am up to Dead as a Doornail. I have been rotating between this series and Stephanie Plum.
I still wish Sookie would take Alcide off the market! They are a good couple.

message 27: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jun 12, 2018 09:25AM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Oh Brandy... I so wish that too. BUT. She kinda backs off him a little in book 5. If it's even possible, there's more men who want her now.

message 28: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jun 12, 2018 09:27AM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
oh - and just finished book 5 :) gonna start book 6 today! Definitely Dead

I already finished 5.1 :)

message 29: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments I think I'm gonna have to take a week off and catch up haha

message 30: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Alright it's official and it's a bummer. Spoiler right in the beginning of book 6 (view spoiler)

message 31: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Lindsay wrote: "I think I'm gonna have to take a week off and catch up haha"

How many books are you in, Lindsay?

message 32: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments are the shorts or .5 books worth reading?

message 33: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'd say so. They're really short. Some don't get brought up, but the beginning of book 6 talks about what happened in 5.1 so I'd say it's worth it.

message 34: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments well I guess I have some catch up to do

message 35: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
they're really quick reads. you'll have those three done in a half hour. the part that sucks is that you have to keep the book until you finish the 7th and 8th regular books.

message 36: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments I'm only one book in right now but I've read through I think book 12 in the past so I can still follow the thread without a problem.

I haven't read the short stories ever, though. I might grab them from the library.

message 37: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I am at the pack leader trials. I was laughing at Sookies style. Short denim skirt with red tights and Mary Janes. Really has she not leaned that the wares always dress up? She has gone to several events where Alcide has told her to dress up. Why would this be any different?

message 38: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Wow you breezed through that book! I know I was laughing at her outfit too. She definitely doesn't wear anything I would. Denim skirt were in when I was in High School haha. Even a nice sun dress would probably be better than that!

message 39: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments the red tights was the kicker for me. A sundress would have been fitting. Someone get this girl a stylist!
I am not finished with the book. they just started the alpha trial. But I know this book is just going to end abruptly like the others!

message 40: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
It's definitely a good ending! I jumped into the 6th book right after because I needed my fix.

message 41: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I am going to do the 3 shorts, then get into it but both were at the library so no wait time.

message 42: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I love when they're readily available

message 43: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments Especially when they have cliffhangers! I hate waiting

message 44: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I know! I'm so happy this whole series is out. I hate waiting for the next one.

message 45: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Okay, now I think she's doing it to make me crazy. She just put on a midnight blue outfit and a black sweater. Navy and black just don't mix. She's killing me lol

message 46: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments OMG I am so glad that I am not the only one that is laughing at her wardrobe. I think that Tara could really help her out. or maybe listen to the fairy when she says things like wear blue not green.
I just finished the 3 shorts. I will start the next book soon

message 47: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I know! This girl needs some wardrobe help. I mean, I'm not the most "in tune" with fashion, but I'd never wear any of the stuff she does hahaha

I'm only on chapter 9 of book 6 so you're almost caught up to me!

message 48: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments starting book 6. I had to finish another plum book

message 49: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Hahaha it's so funny that Plum is included in this. I always thought her wardrobe was ridiculous, too. Don't ever let these two go shopping together!

message 50: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments Jersey meets Louisiana. that could be an entertaining look.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.