Play Book Tag discussion

I Was Anastasia
This topic is about I Was Anastasia
Archive: Other Books > I Was Anastasia/ Ariel Lawhon - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments For fans of Russian history, this may be the book for you. Everyone knows that there have been numerous rumors about what really happened to the last Romanov's and specifically Anastasia. Several woman claimed to be the lost princess, the most widely known was Anna Anderson. I really don't want to say more than that --- I also do not recommend "googling" anything before reading (a mistake that I made).

The book had an interesting narrative structure, tons of historical detail and was a very compelling read. If you like good historical fiction, I highly recommend this one.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have this book on my TBR list. I have absolutely loved every non-fiction book I have read on the Romanov family. Since I've expanded my reading buffet to fiction I am looking froward to reading this book. Glad you liked it.

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments I LOVE stories set in Russia and have read many books about the Romanovs. But I absolutely don't believe any of them survived. I totally believe they all died right where and how history says they did. Having said that, do you think someone like me would still be able to enjoy this book then?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9351 comments Interesting that you gave this 5 full stars. I actually took it off my TBR because the reviews were so consistently low. But your five makes me reconsider. I’m gonna keep my eyes on it. I was originally quite interested.

message 5: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments Another book I now really want to read. My tbr is getting ridiculous!

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments @Tessa, I think if you like the Romanovs, you will find this interesting.

@Amy, hum....I didn’t realize that this was getting low reviews. I thought it was well written, but the narrative structure may have turned some folks off.

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8425 comments I was eyeing this one too, but did not put it on my TBR list for the same reasons as Amy-but your review has me shelf it-thanks for the review JoLene!

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Oh my, now I’m feeling some pressure........ I hope people like it.

message 9: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 9065 comments Tessa (FutureAuthor23) wrote: "I LOVE stories set in Russia and have read many books about the Romanovs. But I absolutely don't believe any of them survived. I totally believe they all died right where and how history says they ..."

I agree! But, I still think I might find this interesting. :-)

message 10: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Adding to TBR. Pressure is on JoLene.

message 11: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments This was already on my TBR, but I want to get to it sooner rather than later now because of your review! I also suggested this to my mom, who will be doing a River Boat Tour in Russia in a couple weeks, this sounds like the perfect book for her trip.