INTJ Sorority discussion

Let's get this party started - I need a recommendation!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 1 comments I have one audible book credit left. What should I get? I seriously have no clue. Lately I've been listening to real life stuff from funny famous people like Trevor Noah. But I'm not limited to just that. Fiction, nonfiction, self-help, it's all good. I don't like religious books, fantasy or mysteries. I'm ridiculously burned out from a lot of things going on, if there's something that magically fixes me, that would work too, lol. Go on, throw those suggestions at me!

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (robasha) | 1 comments Is the reader key to your decision? Sometimes I really like a book but the reader can put me off. I love Barbara Rosenblat as a narrator so I’ve listened to most of the stuff she’s read even if the books aren’t ones I’d normally pick. Reading David Sedaris’ Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim made me laugh till I cried but listening to his voice doesn’t work for everyone. I’m a librarian so the first questions I should have asked you as a part of reader’s advisory are “What are the titles some of your favorite books to listen to?” and “Who are some of your favorite readers?”

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin_s) I have no experience with audio books, but I have many friends who recommend the ones read by Wil Wheaton. They are likely SciFi if you're interested in checking them out.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (saragoodman) | 3 comments The audio book I always recommend is Carey Elwes’ book about the making of the princess bride. He reads it, and does impersonations.