Everlasting debate discussion

Other debate > assisted seuicide

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pebbles (new)

Pebbles | 323 comments Mod
hi

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) Hmm... You really shouldn't help someone with committing suicide :/

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What if, they would be a danger to the world if they stayed alive??

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

And if its incurable?

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) Nothing, in my opinion, is incurable.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Sadistic personality disorder in troubled 15-year-old girls who refuse to talk to anyone about anything, and spend their times buried under a mountain of books, plotting out the deaths of anyone who's ever talked to them, ever.

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) A crash course in socialization... and maybe a temporary new choice in books

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

And if being in any type of social situation causes person to want to murder others?

message 10: by Pebbles (new)

I believe in it only but only for people with a terminal illness and is going to die anyways, I mean might as well make it quick

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Nah. If i were in that situation i would want to live it up while i still can.

message 12: by Pebbles (new)

well at a point you become bed ridden and cant walk so at that point I want to die on my own terms

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

good point.

message 14: by Pebbles (new)

But they are in constant pain it would be cruel if they didn't die

message 15: by Pebbles (new)

I am talking about terminal illness as in no recovery, at that point what is the point in living

message 16: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 46 comments If they're in a coma for more than a year or something like that then maybe.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I've heard of coma patients waking up after 10 years

message 18: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 46 comments True...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a friend who's brother's been in a coma for almost a year now, but i still think he'd wake up. It would really stink if you pull the life support plug, and the next second they wake up, but then they die because you pulled the plug

message 20: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 46 comments Yea, that really would.

message 21: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 95 comments While I agree that would be terrible but here is another thought for you. By keeping that one person alive and in suffering I might add, thousands of other people who need those resources are going to this person who most likely will not recover and if they do most likely will have a horrible life. My grandmother has alsimas and let me tell you it hurts to think of her. I would rather her die now so I can finally start to cherish her memories instead of hating her. And if any of you use religion as a basis I will litturally cut off your hands.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Deaths coming wrote: "While I agree that would be terrible but here is another thought for you. By keeping that one person alive and in suffering I might add, thousands of other people who need those resources are going..."

That is a reallly accurate view. I would hate to see someone helpless. I probably would, in that situation, go for it.

message 23: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 95 comments Exactly I am the sort of person who usually goes for the guy who has nobody. Even hitter I consider a good person even though his actions were evil everything he did was for the good of the country he be leaved. I think their is no such thing as an evil person unless they have a disorder than I can be convinced

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

A mental disorder, you mean?

message 25: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 95 comments Yes Did I not write that? Sadistic and such things is the stuff I am talking anout

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Deaths coming wrote: "Yes Did I not write that? Sadistic and such things is the stuff I am talking anout"

So you think if a person is a danger to the world (A sadistic person) they should be put down??

message 27: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 95 comments No, let me explain. As I said I don't consider hitler evil. However there are mental disorders which enables a person to become evil. I believe that nobody is evil unless they are like this. Their is a disorder which makes you emotionless (can't remember what's it called) and their are sadistic people as well. With these Is the only time I will say weather a person is evil or not. By the way to your original question I never mentioned stuff like.suicide when talking about this but because it is in topic then...no I don't think so, sadistic people are curable and the other thing I was talking about is rare and with them maybe consider doing that but I don't know enough to make a proper judgement

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I know. I myself have Sadistic Personality Disorder, and I know quite a few others with the same condition (from psychiatric support groups and stuff like that). There are a few people I feel that would end up being a danger to the world if they stayed alive-- Like, they would grow up to shoot up schools or something like that.
There is a (quite small) population of people with the disorder who are actually cured of it. It takes a lot of work and a lot of people aren't willing to go through it. Being Sadistic is (don't judge) awesome in a large amount of ways. To be cured, you would have to have a small bit of compassion left for the rest of the world. Alot of sadists don't have that.

With all that ^^ it leads me to think that some people with mental disorders should be put down if they can't be treated or cured in any way. Other than that, I think so called "evil" people always have good inside of them.

message 29: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 95 comments exactly I can't call people evil unless they have a disorder that makes them want to cause pain in others or lose emotion. and these do not make a person naturaly evil. it just means that I think it is possible that they can become evil. (sorry about wait went to sleep)

message 30: by Ember Skye (new)

Ember Skye | 6 comments So for the people who say that if someone is in terrible pain and is slowly dying, and can never be free from the pain, that they shouldn't be aloud to escape from it with an early death. What about putting down pets that are suffering? It happens all the time, because the pet owners decide that the animal would be better off dead. Do humans not have the right to do that with their own life if they're stuck in a hospital for the rest of their life, and can't do anything that they love to do? I for one would rather die than just, endure for as long as possible knowing only pain.