Meriden Library Book Club discussion

Intros

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmicrobio) | 1 comments Hi all,
I'm in Middletown and have been on Goodreads for years but didn't realize it had groups! I saw that some of you have recently read Furiously Happy and The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells so I had to sign up. Is there a current meeting schedule and a book you're reading as a group?

Sarah

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments I know this group has been inactive for 9 months, but I'm just popping my head in to say hello! Is anyone still doing a book club in Meriden?

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Andres | 1 comments Hi Ash ! my name is Kathy and i am from Meriden as well. i was also wondering the same thing. I have ask around and i think they are doing a classic book club. i am hoping there will be more active book club in the library.

message 4: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) Yes, there is a Classic Book Club at the Meriden Public Library. It meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:30-3:00pm. It's a lovely group of people that meets to discuss the monthly book selection which is always a book that's considered a classic; "Mrs. Dalloway", by Virginia Woolf, "Brighton Rock", by Graham Greene, "The Old Curiosity Shop", by Charles Dickens, just to name some past titles.

Our library is not open to the public at this time due to the Coronavirus situation. All programs have been cancelled through April 30th, at this point. Moving forward, if you are interested in having a book discussion group, please message me! If there is a specific genre or subject you prefer, let me know; bestsellers, biographies, books by female authors only, books with the word 'you' in it:))) .....anything that would appeal to you.

Very best,
Doreen

message 5: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) Ashley wrote: "I know this group has been inactive for 9 months, but I'm just popping my head in to say hello! Is anyone still doing a book club in Meriden?"

Reply has been posted...

message 6: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) Kathy wrote: "Hi Ash ! my name is Kathy and i am from Meriden as well. i was also wondering the same thing. I have ask around and i think they are doing a classic book club. i am hoping there will be more active..."

Reply has been posted...

message 7: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 1 comments Hi everyone!

I am a longtime Goodreads member, and a longtime Meriden resident, and just realized that Meriden has its own group. I look forward to the re-opening of the library so I can join you all on Thursdays.