Play Book Tag discussion

May 2018: Family Drama > A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman 5 *s

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MargieD2017 (new)

MargieD2017 | 276 comments The story of this old man's transformation from a lost and suffering widower to the trusted and relied upon neighbor is laugh-out-loud humorous, deeply sorrowful and at times poses cringing behaviors that could make you stop reading the book. But don't! Upon completion, reflecting on the events of the book you see that all events were needed to form a well rounded and defined center character that will linger long after you have finished reading it. You may even wish that Ove was your neighbor!

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments The Swedish movie was great also if you don't mind subtitles. One of my favorite books.

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I also really like this book, and have read several other Backman books and really enjoyed them though Ove holds a special place in my heart. In fact, I am currently listening to Beartown!

Jason, watching the movie has long been on my list. I need to see if I can find it online....

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments If you have amazon prime, it's free there.

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Jason wrote: "If you have amazon prime, it's free there."

Thanks for the tip! Added it to my Watch List!

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Jason wrote: "If you have amazon prime, it's free there."

Also going to be using this tip!