What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Romance - mind control, hypnosis, or compulsion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 176 comments I was reading some generic shifter book a while ago and the Alpha had the ability to command his people to do his bidding. Thought it’d be fun to see it applied in a romance. I’m thinking supernatural/magic elements thought, not your standard “yessir” BDSM stuff.

For example, I loved this theme in Grace Draven’s Master of Crows where the hero can control the heroine’s magic for his own at will

I’d love to hear your suggestions

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
Steel Beauty has the wolf alphas in this world able to talk to all the members of their pack. I don't know about controlling, but they can force members out and other things like that. This is, I think the 5th story (these are short story/novella length stories) in this series. The shifter community has a branch of I guess you'd call them law enforcement who can do a lot too. That gets talked about in Sweet Dreams and in the later stories. Also, after these first few, they start to be novel length stories.

Then the Mercy Thompson series has the alphas able to command and draw on the powers of the pack. And we don't even want to talk about what Bran, the Alpha's Alpha and most powerful werewolf in the world. Probably also the oldest, in one of the books its talked about how Bran partially inspired the Beowulf myth, which was codified in the 10th century.

message 3: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 186 comments Lynsay Sands—Argeneau vampire series. This starts with “A Quick Bite”, but there are many books. Each one is stand-alone, but if you read out of order there are minor spoilers about who gets together with who.

The vampires can read thoughts and control people. Older is stronger than younger, generally. And they can’t read or control their “life mate.”

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 176 comments Suggesting to my own thread for any followers:

Dying to Date
Seduced by the Storm