What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance (hero & heroine are both lawyers, who were friends first I think)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments So I have been wracking my brain trying to remember the name of this book I read quite a few times so many years ago. It really was quite a few years back.
I dont really remember exactly what happens in the plot, but I believe both the hero and heroine were lawyers. I believe the heroine was black. They had been friends for a while, and the hero had been secretly pining over the heroine for a while.
There was one particular scene i remember where thw hero promised to rub the heroine's tummy because she wasn't feeling very well.
For the life of me I cannot remember the actual story, but i do remember it was good enough for me to read a few times. Please help!

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments Jessica, Nooooooo....thats not it. I was so hopeful. I keep feeling like it has the sort of title, that as soon as I hear it, I'm gonna know.
In the story, the hero and heroine were friends, but he was always kind of secretly pining after her. I remember there being some kind of dinner party of get together, where they were both in attendance. I can't seem to get past this block!!!!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36592 comments Mod
A long shot - Justify My Love by Candy Caine?

message 5: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments Did the hero have a daughter who lived somewhere else with her mother - his ex?

I'm trying to track that one down in case it is it, but haven't come up with it yet.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Melissa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments Is it part of the Legal Briefs series, that starts with Overruled by Emma Chase? There are 4 books in the series, and it sounds like one or two of them could be it.

Good luck!

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina | 138 comments Save the Date by Candace Russell?