Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: June 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jun 14, 2018 11:25AM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Duration: June 1 -June 30

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited May 29, 2018 10:17AM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Participants:

Carrie
Sammantha
Katrina
Leah
Jessica
Michelle
Sarah
Hannah
Kaitlyn
Jess
Amanda
Melissa
Misty
Guiana
PreePree
Nicole
kuhi
Kati
Dita
Kat
Mercedes

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited May 31, 2018 06:47PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Partners:

1.) Leah and Hannah

2.) Carrie and Katrina

3.) Sammantha and Jessica

4.) Melissa and Kaitlyn

5.) Michelle and Amanda

6.) Sarah and Jess

7.) Misty and Kati

8.) Guiana and Nicole

9.) PreePree and kuhi **Note: PreePree you will have to add them as a friend to see their shelf.

10.) Dita and Jamie

11.) Mercdes and Clara

12.) Kat and Margaret

message 6: by Katrina (new)

Katrina I'm in! This is my favorite challenge every month!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess (makeitsewwithjess) I am in! First time for me https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Misty (new)

Misty | 633 comments I'm in! This sounds like so much fun!

message 21: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Horton | 5 comments I would love to join this challenge!

message 22: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn | 10 comments I want to join!

message 23: by Clara (new)

Clara Støttrup (clarastottrup) | 7 comments I’m in!

message 26: by Nex (last edited May 30, 2018 04:26PM) (new)

Nex | 7 comments I'm in! Looking forward to trying this for the first time!

message 28: by Clara (new)

message 30: by Cindee (last edited May 30, 2018 06:30PM) (new)

message 32: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Partners are picked! See post #3.

message 33: by Kaitlyn (last edited May 31, 2018 06:55PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments For Melissa, I'm picking these three to choose from:

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer - I fell in love with science fiction thanks to this book!
Landline by Rainbow Rowell - I loved a couple of Rainbow Rowell's other books!
The Other Boleyn Girl (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #9) by Philippa Gregory - I remember liking the movie with Natalie Portman (watched it years ago)!

Enjoy :)

message 34: by guiana! (last edited May 31, 2018 07:37PM) (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Hey, Nicole! For you, I choose:

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer because it has the highest rating on your shelf and it continues a series!
Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo because I loved it and it's been the longest added on your shelf!
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw because a lot of people recommended it to me and I want to know if you'd enjoy it too!

Hope you like one!

message 35: by Nex (new)

Nex | 7 comments Hi Clara, these are the books that I picked for you!

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera I've heard amazing things about this book

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Heard just about everyone recommend this book

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Read this book and loved it! The pictures in it make it so much fun to read

Hope you enjoy whichever book(s) you pick! :)

message 36: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments Did not get a partner

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess | 780 comments I didn't get a partner either.

message 38: by Kaitlyn (last edited May 31, 2018 07:55PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Jess wrote: "I didn't get a partner either."

You and Cindee were the last two to post shelves, so maybe just partner up?

message 39: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Jamie was also one of the last to sign up but also didn't get a partner, I think.

message 40: by Kaitlyn (last edited May 31, 2018 08:13PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Guiana wrote: "Jamie was also one of the last to sign up but also didn't get a partner, I think."

Okay, I think I figured everything out! SO, 28 of us signed up + Hannah (= 29), which makes it uneven ... except Clara and Margaret signed up twice, so actually with Hannah it's 27 :p There are 12 pairs, meaning 24 people are partnered, so here are the 3 who didn't get paired:

Kaitlyn (message 22 - still needs to make a shelf)
Cindee (message 30)
Jess (message 31)

I don't know how Hannah wants to handle this, but given that Cindee and Jess DO have shelves prepared, I don't see why they can't be partners

message 41: by Misty (last edited May 31, 2018 08:21PM) (new)

Misty | 633 comments Hey Kati! These are the books that I picked for you:

Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer because I want to read it sooo badly!
The Forgotten Book by Mechthild Gläser because you need a fantasy option as well!
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway because the second I read the summary, I immediately added it to my want to read shelf!

I hope you like them!

message 42: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Tomorrow when I get on I will see who all I forgot. Sorry about this.

message 43: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Kaitlyn wrote: "Guiana wrote: "Jamie was also one of the last to sign up but also didn't get a partner, I think."

Okay, I think I figured everything out! SO, 28 of us signed up + Hannah (= 29), which makes it une..."

Whew. Intense problem solving skills 😂. Jamie did get a partner. Whoops, my bad. Well, I hope this all works out soon :)

message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2677 comments My partner is Hannah, and I choose:

1. First Days (The Ghost Bird, #2) by C.L. Stone because it's been on you shelf the longest.

2. Christmas at the Lake (Great Escapes, #2) by Charlotte Blake because I enjoy holiday stories.

3. Eyeliner & Alibis (Beauty Secrets, #3) by Stephanie Damore because it sounds interesting.

message 45: by Melissa (last edited May 31, 2018 09:32PM) (new)

Melissa Lewitt | 20 comments Hi Kaitlyn. Here are the books I picked for you.
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon ( I picked this because It's on my TBR to.)
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (because it one of oldest on your shelf )
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken (Because I now want to read it to)

I'm going to read Landline by Rainbow Rowell

message 46: by Nicole's Book Diaries (last edited May 31, 2018 10:43PM) (new)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Hi Guina! Here are the books I chose for you:

Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2) by Harper Lee (because it's been on your shelf the longest and it's a classic)

King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard (because I can't wait to read it and the 4th book just came out!)

Under an Amber Sky by Rose Alexander (because it sounds interesting and I want to read it now)

I hope you like one or all of them!

message 47: by Jamie (last edited May 31, 2018 11:10PM) (new)

Jamie Dita, for you I picked:

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor Because it looks and sounds interesting

Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs I'd love to know which story in it is your favorite!

Sievietes, kuras skrien ar vilkiem by Clarissa Pinkola Estés Because it has been waiting to be read the longest

I hope you have a great time with at least 1 of these!! I can't wait to see which one you choose to go with!

message 48: by Dita (new)

Dita | 55 comments Hey Jamie, the books I chose for you:

The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5) by Carolyn Keene - It sounds interesting and I want to read it too

The Candlestone (Dragons in Our Midst, #2) by Bryan Davis - It has been on your shelf the longest and you did enjoy the first book

The Walking Dead, Compendium 3 by Robert Kirkman - You seemed to like the first 2

I hope you like one :)

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 237 comments My partner is Jess and for you I am choosing:

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera because I've heard good things about it.

The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui because I've never heard of it but I like the cover.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman because it's one of my favorites!

Enjoy!

message 50: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments My partner is Katrina and for you I'm choosing

Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout because it was a 5 star read for me

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins because books set in boarding schools are always great and this one was fantastic

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones because it's always good to push someone to continue on is a good series. :)

Happy Reading

« previous 1 3