Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

The Illustrated Man
This topic is about The Illustrated Man
The Illustrated Man discussion > "No Particular Night or Morning" by Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is our discussion of the short story....

" No Particular Night or Morning " by Ray Bradbury

From the anthology The Illustrated Man collection by Ray Bradbury. See The Illustrated Man anthology discussion hub for more info on the anthology and pointers to discussion of its other stories.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Space drives Hitchcock mad. Or, he went into space because he has mad. Same difference. He also has a problem with object permanence, in what sounds like a freshman college dorm discussion. Really, all you people are just figments of my imagination. When I hang up from AOL, you all vanish.

Ah, 1950s shock therapy! The good old days.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) 12 pages of ranting about object permanence as G33z3r pointed out. Worst story in the collection so far.

message 4: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea | 2806 comments I spent the entire time picturing Mark Twain and Alfred Hitchcock (though if I recall this Hitchcock turned out to be a Joseph), was probably influenced by the previous story with the authors on Mars.

You know, it's why people play peek-a-boo with their kids, it teaches them that mommy doesn't cease to exist just because the infant can't see them (apparently it takes a while for that concept to be learned)...guess this Hitchcock guy never got out of that stage.

I remember as a kid discussing with my friend what it would be like if the universe were entirely transparent, you'd see right through the Earth you'd see to the edge of forever kind of thing. This felt kind of the same.

Donald | 157 comments I didn't mind it while reading it, however a week later I had to go back and check what the story actually was to remember it. Obviously not very memorable to me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Illustrated Man (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ray Bradbury (other topics)