Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - General > May Newsletter & June Poll Results

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1335 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers!

This month's newsletter is short and sweet!

📖MONTH BOOK DISCUSSION📖

We are currently reading The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor, Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris, and Only the Innocent by Rachel Abbott.

For our Focus on the Author project we have selected Agatha Christie. We are currently reading The Mysterious Affair at Styles which is being extended to May 21. We will start reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd on May 22. This is our schedule our Focus on Agatha Christie project. We hope you'll join us as we explore some of the best works from the Grande Dame of Crime.

And last but not least The Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton for Gem's 151 which I'm hoping to wrap up within the next week or so. The next book I'll be reading is Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers.

Beginning with our June books we are going to be opening two (2) discussions for each book. One discussion will be spoiler free, the second can include spoilers from day one. Thank you Jenny for the suggestion!

🗳️MONTH POLL RESULTS🗳️

🥇The first place winner for June's General Poll is The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney. This selection was nominated by Nguyen, thank you for a great choice!

🥈 Coming in second place is IQ by Joe Ide and which was nominated by Sévérin, another great choice!

🏅The sub-genre of the month was True Crime and the book Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann won our sub-genre poll. Thank you Erica for that nomination!

The sub-genre of Suspense was selected for our July sub-genre category.

Thank you to all the members 👩‍👩‍👧‍👦 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦 👩‍👩‍👧‍👧 👨‍👦 👨‍👦‍👦 👨‍👧 👨‍👧‍👦 👨‍👧‍👧 👩‍👦 👩‍👦‍👦 👩‍👧 👩‍👧‍👦 👩‍👧‍👧 who nominated ✍🏼 and voted 🗳️ for our June books. It's you who make this group as successful as it is. The Book Discussions for June will be opened on May 30th and so will our nominations for July.

📌REMINDERS 📌

Our 📆Group Calendar is where you can find out about events for this month and next.

Here are a few resources for our new members:
🤝Introductions , ☕Coffee's On, Tea is Brewing (group chat), and Nomination Guidelines and Polling Information .

AUTHORS & PUBLISHERS be sure to abide by our Author & Publisher Guidelines .

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments I didn't vote because I wasn't certain if I could get the book in time. Forgive me, but I am following rules. I do want to read the Paris book!

message 3: by Nida (new)

Nida Kazi (nidudiiii) | 11 comments I have been hoarding The Murder of Roger Ackroyd book with me! It's time to read!

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments I am so behind with my reading, but I'm trying.

message 5: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Gem, I love these monthly updates that focus on the current month's group reads and the poll results for the upcoming month. Really informative and a great reminder of all the good things going on in the group.

(Thanks for the two threads for each group read with and without spoilers - that really helps!)

message 6: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments I agree, Suzy!

message 7: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1335 comments Mod
Suzy wrote: "Gem, I love these monthly updates that focus on the current month's group reads and the poll results for the upcoming month. Really informative and a great reminder of all the good things going on ..."

My pleasure Suzy.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.