Indigo Employees discussion

Favourite book so far in 2018?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Laurin | 7 comments Mod
Tell us all about it!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (miss_necromancer) | 2 comments Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman and Neverworld Wake by Marsha Pessl I think are my tops so far.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ladyfives) Cruel Prince by Holly Black was wonderful and inspired me SO much in my own fantasy writing! As well, Lisa Genova's Every Note Played was a great one, especially since I'd only read Still Alice so her familiar structure still feels relatively new.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I've really enjoyed City of Brass by SA Chakraborty this year:) as well as Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend. Both had great characters and adventures :)

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (miss_necromancer) | 2 comments Kelsey, I also loved The Cruel Prince. And The Hazel Wood.

message 6: by Liz (new)

I don't read fantasy, and I definitely don't read teen fantasy, but so far my favourite of the year is Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi!

message 7: by Parker (new)

Parker Rogers | 1 comments I loved The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs: A New History of a Lost World by Steve Brusatte! It was completely different from everything I read and I learnt a ton!

message 8: by Liz (new)

Parker, that is next month's non fiction SPOTM! its been on my list for ages, I'm hearing great reviews.

message 9: by Liam (new)

Liam (tigara) | 1 comments Probably have to go with the Hazel Wood as well.

message 10: by Patrick (new)

Patrick McEvoy-Halston | 1 comments The Only Story.

message 11: by Liz (new)

Patrick wrote: "The Only Story."

Oh that's been on my list, I haven't read any Julian Barnes, is it an ok one to "start" with?

message 12: by Erika (new)

Erika | 2 comments Not sure if I'm cheating because my pick doesn't release until July 24th, but I loved the YA sci-fi novel Contagion by Erin Bowman. Think "Alien" and "Serenity" and you've got the idea. A true page-turner with a killer of a cliffhanger ending.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments My favorite so far was 'Perfect Remains' by Helen Fields!! Cory from HC sent it to me a I read this one and the 2nd in the series back to back. Best police procedural I have read in a very long time.

message 14: by Jay (new)

Jay Chi (realjaychi) | 1 comments Winter by Ali Smith.

message 15: by Acacia (new)

Acacia Headland | 1 comments War Storm by Victoria Aveyard.

It just came out on May 15th, and it was the final book in the series.

If you haven't read it and you like things similar to X-Men, you would enjoy the Red Queen series, as its X-Men but with crowns.

message 16: by Carys (new)

Carys Fisher | 1 comments The Home for Unwanted Girls by Joanna Goodman!